Thread: Any one hunt with hounds up here?

Default Any one hunt with hounds up here?

Well I'm just looking for a little advice on hounds up here.My dad ran them down in California for years but never up here.Just found two walker pups that I get in a few weeks,hopefully they will make my lynx pelt stack a little bigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Kotton View Post
    Well I'm just looking for a little advice on hounds up here.My dad ran them down in California for years but never up here.Just found two walker pups that I get in a few weeks,hopefully they will make my lynx pelt stack a little bigger!
    Read page 19...upper right column...of the Alaska hunting regs...

All I have heard of is guys running bears with a permit. I think the cats though there is too much snow and will just bog the dogs down. I had a guy talking about petioning f&g to hunt cats with but don't think it ever materialized
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

You can use em' to hunt rabbit or flush birds. They work great. Not sure about fox or lynx and I don't have the regs handy.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Small game, and a permit on BLACK bears....no cats. I went through this with F&G already.