Thread: Yetna Bait Station

Default Yetna Bait Station

Stumbled upon a bait station on the Yetna while leaving mine yesterday. I never saw it until I saw the bait. Yours had popcorn under a big stump and air freshners hanging on a string. If it's yours, I'm sorry. But Glad I found out someone is baiting about 400 yards away from me. Good luck. PM me if ya want details on mine.

Rob

I had the same thing happen to me last weekend while walking a moose trail to my GPS coordinates. So far this season I've stumbled across five bait stations while hiking and scouting. To make matters worse, I hiked cross-country over 1/2 mile through Devil's club only to learn someone had just set a stand within 50 yards where I registered a site. I never would have guessed there were that many bait stations on the Yetna.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

I know some guys that bait on the Yetna.

I don't mind the bait stand being close at all. It would be nice to meet up and know about eachother. The bad part is now I had to figure a new route back to my stand. The 1/2 mile hike sucked before, but i think I found a better way in without interupting thier stand. Maybe a little bit easier hike too.

I know a cople guys that bait up there too.

Quote Originally Posted by robbentler View Post
    I know a cople guys that bait up there too.
    Yea but they all quit!
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Fuel prices?
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.