Thread: Alaska Tannerys??

Default Alaska Tannerys??

I have a few nice pelts from this winters trapping season and wanted to get them tanned. I know there are a few places here in Ak that tan fur but dont know wich one to send them off too. If any of you all have had exsperince with any of the tanners up here(good or bad) ,I would like your input.

thanks
    akpredator

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

I have used Shismaref Tannery to do a Grizzly Bear hide, a Musk Ox hide and a Wolf hide. Very good work.

Default tannery

Tundra tanning in Wasilla did a wolf, a coyote and a reindeer for me. Good work fast turn around and a fair price

Default Fur Tanning

I used Alpha Fur in Anchorage a couple years ago to tan my caribou hide. It came back really nice. I believe my taxidermist uses them as well. I called to have my wolverine tanned and was informed that there was now a minimum order. So if you have several hides you could still use them.

Default tannery

I stopped by and picked up my wolf from Tundra tanning in big lake. It was beautiful. The tan was very soft and it was very clean. He had a booth set up at the rondy fur auction and i gave him the fur. The turn time was only 2 months! This particular wolf was quite large, the nose is higher then a standard door with the tail on the floor! I an going to do a rug mount myself. This tanner did three hides for me last year also. So i would say he is reputable and fair. Viktor

Alpha Furs did my Black Bear last year and it turned out great. They're currently doing my Musk Ox.

Default Tannery Warning

I Have Some Serious Concerns About A Tanning Service In Shishmaref. I Am Unable To Post It Here Due To Rules Of The Forum. If You Want More Info On These "concerns" Feel Free To Send Me A Private Message Requesting More Info.