Thread: Miles Lake sonar

Default Miles Lake sonar

Is the miles lake sonar station not up and running yet, or does F@G just not start posting fish counts for the current year until they start getting numbers worth reporting?
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

Typically, F&G doesn't start posting numbers until the third week in May. The ice in the lower Copper doesn't go out until mid-May, and it takes awhile for the sonar station to get set up for the year. You'll notice that their escapement table this year has May 20th as the first row, but they may not post those numbers until next week.

~tr

Default The Counter is Ticking

Look at the update before you post, that is last years numbers! When you go through and choose "fish counts" and make it to miles lake you only have a choice of "2010".

I understand that is the same opening number as last year and very well may be someone just posting to see if it will work. That number just appeared this morning, and on the Download link you get a spreadsheet with 5/20/11 in the date column.

If that indeed is a fictitious number, I will change it on the CRCDFEC page to match. There have been occasions in the past when sonar count has been changed even well after the original posting.

~tr

I call dibs on those first 24!!!

I called them and I was told that number is incorrect and to wait a few days for an accurate update on the miles lake sonar.

Super, thanks for the heads up. CRCDFEC duly updated.

You maybe correct gr8fl as I checked your link numbers are being added. It could be that the person who I talked over the phone may not know what he was talking about. If so my appoligies sincerly Mark.

2011 numbers now posted.

Really good numbers yesterday. Hope that trend continues.