Thread: Williwaw Lakes???

Default Williwaw Lakes???

Anyone been into Williwaw Lakes trail to the lakes and around mount Elliot to long Lake/North foirk of Campbell Creek trail?

Is it clear of will i need ice and snow foot gear?

TIA

Rucksack

I haven't been back that way lately, but I would have to guess it is still snowy in that valley. Unless someone has a report to the contrary, I would say it is still a couple weeks before that trail melts and dries out.

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

From the Flat-Top Mountain parking area, both trail routes to Williwaw Lake are still snow packed and only hiking boots are needed. Thousands of boots and cross country skis have packed the trails since the last real snow fall. Crusty and rough in the morning. Slushy in the afternoons. If you go up and across the "ballfield", the route down toward Williwaw Lake is steep and slick. Not a fun part or the hike for overall safety or your quadriceps.
    AlaskaTrueAdventure/Dennis

Thnx fellas..I did actually make it up to Flat Top with binos last night and indeed the trail is still well covered and probably gets much worse the higher and deeper as it goes around to long lake..Thanks for taking the time to reply..