Thread: Official Alaska Bear Baiter's Association (ABBA) Thread

Default Official Alaska Bear Baiter's Association (ABBA) Thread

After reading the many threads, thoughts and posts on the idea establishing the "ABBA" or the Alaska Bear Baiter's Association, I spoke with AGL and decided to step forward and lead the process of building this Association.

As with every organization, the strength, focus and success of the organization depends on the collective membership and those who choose to participate and get involved.

If your interested in participating and assisting in the early development of this organization - on any level, please send me a private message or email me at alaskanoutdoorsman@gmail.com.

To be certain we have a presence on the world wide web, I purchased the website www.alaskabearbaitersassociation.org and as of the date of this post, I'm in the process of designing and uploading an initial - yet basic website. As the Association develops, changes and updates will be made and uploaded.

While I know it's baiting season right now and were all busy with life, work, family, and baiting (although not necessarily in that order) I would like to talk to those interested in kicking off this association and set-up an initial meeting for interested parties to openly discuss idea's and outline bullet points to design our mission statement, bylaws, etc.

Interested parties who reside in the Municipality of Anchorage, Mat-Su Borough and surrounding areas please contact me so we can coordinate a date/time for the initial get together. If you reside outside the MOA and Mat-Su Borough region please contact me for more information.

Until an initial meeting is scheduled, I'll begin drafting some key points and basic bylaws to put some basic framework around the Association (I have experience in this area and have worked with establishing Associations in the past).

It's my hope that things will progress and take off as I believe this Association can have a positive impact on both Alaska and the greater baiting community.

Thanks to everyone for your interest and support - and good luck baiting this season!
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

For those interested in the Alaska Bear Baiter's Association, I've created a group in this forum under the Association name. Interested parties who have not already received an invitation are encouraged to join and participate in discussions as we work to build the organization. Thanks.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.