Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Diesel Phantom Sportjon Herc

Default New Diesel Phantom Sportjon Herc

Thought I'd post some pics of our customer 24' Phantom Herc. It will utilized the FNM 250hp diesel coupled to the hamilton 212. The switchback design has been moved foward with a self-bailing front deck, 50gallon bow tanks and 50 gallon belly tank. Both port and stb console post are removable as well as center console windshield.

Great looking boat. I like the switchback mounted forward and talk about a ton of space in the back. Very nice.

I agree, that sucker looks huge. Are you sure only one motor will be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post
    I agree, that sucker looks huge. Are you sure only one motor will be enough?
    The Hamilton with the 250 will be plently of power for the Herc. I'm sure we'll see 40+mph WOT. I'll keep you posted. Here's a few more pics with the console finished. Getting flipped for hardcore next. This will have a single mariner seat in the center and two removable pedestal seats on each side. Three seats across. 48" bench seats behind them that convert into a bed. Should make a hunting rig.

I sure do like the bull dog look that the bow has..

Just out of curiosity, what's the price tag on that setup?
    NRA Life Member, Prior F-16 crew chief.

Quote Originally Posted by MToutdoorsman View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what's the price tag on that setup?
    The base model 21.5' with the diesel and hamilton, including trailer, delivered here to Alaska starts $54K. The same boat with a SPJ would start at $43K. Stretching either to 24' is $1900 upgrade.

That thing is sure big! Looks like you could fit a AlaskanXL inside of it... hahaha...i kid, i kid.

Do you know what the weight of that combo will be? It looks like it could haul the mail for sure! Probably fit 2 rangers in there. Maybe even a moose buggy!

Looks kind of cool, keep us updated.
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

What are the differences in weight and running draft between the spj and diesel?

Quote Originally Posted by elim View Post
    I sure do like the bull dog look that the bow has..
    Looks like a very functional rig, though I havn't warmed up to the squared off nose much. Guess I can't tell which end is which if it isnt pointy. That said, ever thought about the landing craft option on one of these? Put the console/windshield/posts on a roller/track system and you could move it back and forth with ease with a quick lock-down system. Of course you'd have to get real innovative with the controls but think of the possibilities.
    Haul a few wheelers today, drive 'em out, move console up front, put up the top and have a ton of covered fishing space......

That sure is a great idea. I'd love to see something like that built.

Thumbs up

Looks like a great Yukon set up as long as you can get the Villages to sell their winter supply of fuel. Or you could always have deisel flown in and cached.

Quote Originally Posted by OzAK View Post
    Looks like a very functional rig, though I havn't warmed up to the squared off nose much. Guess I can't tell which end is which if it isnt pointy. That said, ever thought about the landing craft option on one of these? Put the console/windshield/posts on a roller/track system and you could move it back and forth with ease with a quick lock-down system. Of course you'd have to get real innovative with the controls but think of the possibilities.
    Haul a few wheelers today, drive 'em out, move console up front, put up the top and have a ton of covered fishing space......
    OzAK- I was thinking the same thing a few months ago. I figured you could have two stations and have all your controls on some sort of quick disconnects. So then you would just unhook at one station and store the cables in the floor move the console back and hook up to the other set of controls that are stored in the floor....

Quote Originally Posted by f0zzy2 View Post
    Looks like a great Yukon set up as long as you can get the Villages to sell their winter supply of fuel. .
    I always laugh when people think they can buy all the diesel they need on the Yukon or other remote areas. My wife manages all the village bulk fuel purchases for the state and says that most villages don't even have enough fuel for themselves each year, let alone sell to us for hunting. If you've got it before, i guess you were lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by robbentler View Post
    I always laugh when people think they can buy all the diesel they need on the Yukon or other remote areas. My wife manages all the village bulk fuel purchases for the state and says that most villages don't even have enough fuel for themselves each year, let alone sell to us for hunting. If you've got it before, i guess you were lucky.
    I called Crowely in Galena last fall and both Ultra low and heating fuel is available. Delivery is available via a tanker truck. I have customer who runs a small cargo service on the yukon and obtains it regularly. With a 4.5-5mpg and range of 450-500 on the 100 gallons capacity, there won't be a need to make too many stops. We just completed a estimate in Marshall on converting two bow pickers into landing craft which also had Volvo diesels installed in them. Don't think I'd ever want to run that far but apparently diesels even clear out there on the Yukon.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskan9974 View Post
    What are the differences in weight and running draft between the spj and diesel?
    We compared the static draft of standard sportjon with the rear console to our 60/40 with 76" bottom width and 190hp diesel and hamilton 212. The static draft was 1" less on the 60/40. 8'' vs 9" Primarily because the boat sits more level in water with the console and fuel tank forward. I'm sure the Herc will have similar static draft maybe even slightly less since it will have a 78" bottom rather then 76". I haven't measured the static draft on a 60/40 Spj yet. Maybe Bob the Fisher can give us a measurement on his.

Default In Rigging

Here's some of the latest pic of the 24' Herc. Should be out of rigging next week and ready for a sea-trial.

Keep the pics coming I am starting to really like this boat.

where are the latest pics?

Quote Originally Posted by elim View Post
    where are the latest pics?
    On the road.... Will post some soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast