Thread: Smelt/Hooligan/Candlefish........or what ever you like to call them Pattern!

Default Smelt/Hooligan/Candlefish........or what ever you like to call them Pattern!

Tying up some more bait fish patterns to hit the salt with and this is what i came up with for a Smelt/Hooligan or Candlefish pattern.

Materials:
    Back: Silver Flash
    Main Body: Angel Silk Grey
    Belly: UV Minnow Belly
    Head: 3D eyes with Epoxy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Epoxy candle fish 001.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	49022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smelt4.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	49021
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Very Nice..

Very good immitation...
    I've only been tying to replace what I've lost so far this fishing season. LoL.

Also been playing around a bit with adding weed guards, but haven't perfected that yet.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

Quote Originally Posted by cube01 View Post
    Very good immitation...
    I've only been tying to replace what I've lost so far this fishing season. LoL.

Also been playing around a bit with adding weed guards, but haven't perfected that yet.
    weed guard huh?????????why would you need to do that unless you were fishing in a........oh what's that thing called again?????? Oh yeah a lake! LOL

All jokes aside I think the easist way to do that is with a rubber band............but then again I have never tried to tie a fly with a weed guard and it seems like a tough one. If you se a rubber band you don't have to tie it in.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    weed guard huh?????????why would you need to do that unless you were fishing in a........oh what's that thing called again?????? Oh yeah a lake! LOL
    I'm actually doing it so I can fish under cut banks more effectively... The first one I did, a weed-proof green bugger, is what I'm calling my 'PPB'. My Parks Proof Bugger
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

Quote Originally Posted by cube01 View Post
    I'm actually doing it so I can fish under cut banks more effectively... The first one I did, a weed-proof green bugger, is what I'm calling my 'PPB'. My Parks Proof Bugger

Hey that is actually a good idea! Man.....think if it works how many flies you will save???????? Oh man..............i think i might do that...or rig some thing together!