Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: muttley fishing crew?????

Default muttley fishing crew?????

What happened to him? I haven't seen any posts from him and there are no updates on his website.

His profile shows he was last here March 23rd.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...y-Crew-Fishing
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

I thought maybe he got run off the board, seemed like all his post stirred up some emotions and interesting discussions. But there isn't even current reports on his website or on another forum he is usually a frequent poster on.

He can't fish halibut. Seems he's quit soliciting.

I think he bought a 4 line permit

"There is also a new Charter Halibut Permit program in place that has been mandated by IPHC/NOAA that will only allow the number of people the permit is issued for to fish for and retain halibut and has cut the number of halibut charter operators significantly in the Homer area. So boats are going to fill up fast and early, and it also means I can't take 5 people out and have all 5 people catch and retain halibut since the permit I have will only allow 4 people on my boat to catch and retain halibut. But that doesn't mean someone else can't still fish for halibut and then release them. Ask me about it if you have any questions."

The above is a quote from his website, so I am assuming he picked up a 4 line permit.

WoW........
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Never heard of a 4 line permit. What is it? Is that a 4-pack as opposed to a 6 pack?

A six pack license is from the CG, and has to do with how many paying customers you can have on your boat, whether they are fishing, sight seeing, hunting etc, it has nothing to do with how many people can fish on your boat.

The permitting for being able to run a halibut fishing charter is a deal from IPHC/NOAA and they dictate how many rods your boat can fish. There is no permit required for rockfish or salmon, so a fishing guide with a six pack license can still take out 6 people.

At least that's my understanding of the issue.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

To all you Folks who miss putting Dave down for his opinions and views can kiss my backside. He hasent been banned from posting or he is not riding a high horse which some of you think, what has happened was some bad luck health wise. So with that being said, Dave I hope you get better soon so you can come back on this forum and piss off the ones that secretly envy you...Tight Lines Brother

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Good call Reel Bob
    Mutt has put a lot of positives into these forums.

Dave hope you get feeling better soon!

hey guys, i meant to post this a while ago but spaced it, now is the time.
    Dave (muttley) fell and broke his hip badly, it went undiagnosed for a couple days, and got infected. after he got it dealt with he came home only to find out he also had damaged a vertebrae. short story is he is in bad shape, and though he DID buy a permit he may not be able to fish for quite some time.
    Even though he and I (and others) sparred often, and we gave him a ration more often than not, he is a good guy and i can only hope he recovers and is able to get out on the water soon.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Aww that is messed up.I know Dave and I didnt always get along but I did respect him and I hope you get better soon Dave.I'll Catch one for ya
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Dave, heal and look forward to the day you can take me and BackcountryRob fishing for butts!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Serious Bummer. I was going to hit you up for some possible winter kings this coming winter to scout things out!

Get well soon Dave

Explains why I hadn't heard back from him even when I email him direct...as a new [to me] boat owner I value his willingness to share experience and feel I've learned a lot from his insight. I know a lot of folks gave him a rash ~ I was beginning to think he just gave up on the craziness. We drive north from Idaho day after tomorrow and I hope he gets better real soon...I'm going to need a lot of schoolin'.

I wondered about MUTT also.
    He & I where PMing back & forth about a possible trip when my wife & I were coming to be in Alaska this July, then all of a sudden- NO MUTTLEY! I even tried sending an email message- still no Mutt.
    Glad to hear he is still with us, but bummed to hear he is having health problems.
    Wish him the best.
    GET WELL SOON MUTT!!!!!!!!!!

Fish or no fish, if you are up for a little libidation when I come to Homer in assignment for the
    Fishing Dude (www.akskookumcharters.com) please let me know.

Sure, you stirred the pot, but it was always an interesting pot.

Mend well...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Hey Muttley......whilst you are recovering, you should have plenty of time to be typing.....come-on, stir the pot and get your mind off of your broken bones. It will make you feel better! GWS(get well soon)! <:{{{-<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast