Thread: Snow in the forecast!

Default Snow in the forecast!

Finally! I'm praying that we finally get some snow tonight. I had zero time to hit the backcountry when things were so good early this season. Now that I have time, the snow has been terrible. I've got my eyes on some great April corn-snow skiing, but I'd love to have some good mid-March powder days as well. Let's see some white stuff!

-Brian

Man, we have less than half normal snowfall in Fairbanks which means we've only had a couple feet if that. Bad ski year. I had knee surgery in October, got healed up and in pretty decent shape and was set to ski on marginal snow first of Feb, then got sick for few weeks, then it dropped to 35 below, now it's march and I haven't been downhill skiing yet! The good news is we're headed to Girdwood the 25th to stay at a friends condo and ski for a couple days. Hopefully the weather and snow will be decent.

I hope you get to make some tracks Brian.

Perry

Let me know when you're down this way, Perry. Might be fun to connect and make a few turns together. You don't have any touring gear, right? I'd be up for spending a day at the resort if the snow is good.

-Brian

That would be cool. We will be sking at Alyeska on monday and tuesday the 26th and 27th. Unless the weather gets bad and we don't ski one day then we might stay over another day. If you think you could make it one of those days let me know and I'll get you a phone number where we'll be. Does your wife ski?

Perry

No stopping at Double Musky for the French Pepper Steak unless you bring me back a doggie bag!

Wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    No stopping at Double Musky for the French Pepper Steak unless you bring me back a doggie bag!

Wyatt
    Ok, so tell me about the Double Musky Pepper Steak. I don't get down to the Los Anchorage area much.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Ok, so tell me about the Double Musky Pepper Steak. I don't get down to the Los Anchorage area much.
    The pepper steak at the Double Musky is quite simply the best piece of beef I have ever had. They charge quite a bit for it ($30?), but for a special occassion meal, the Double Musky can't be beat. I don't usually get appetizers or dessert when I go out, but everything at the Double Musky is amazing. I highly recommend it. While you're in Girdwood, I also recommend Jack Sprat and the pizza at Chair 5.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to ski those days, but I'll keep it in mind. Maybe I can make it to the Double Musky, though!

-Brian