Thread: 10mm Boolits?

Default 10mm Boolits?

OK, Ordered my EAA Witness 10mm. Now to get ordering the reloading bits. Any recomendations for big heavy boolits? I use lasercast mostly, but they only have 180Gr; I know someone does 200 and 230Gr hardcasts, but I cannot find then on t'interweb.

As far as ammo, you might find some at WWG. On the witness, I'm very sorry you chose that weapon. do yourself a favor and sell it off as quickly as possible before it explodes in your hand. at the very least you are going to need a heavier spring to deal with the recoil that that weapon is not designed to handle. I have one sitting in my safe that has both the slide and the frame cracked from poor manufacturing. Also the triggers are horendous, and they malf at the drop of a hat. Well thats my two cents from a EAA Witness hating gun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by nbh40 View Post
    OK, Ordered my EAA Witness 10mm. Now to get ordering the reloading bits. Any recomendations for big heavy boolits? I use lasercast mostly, but they only have 180Gr; I know someone does 200 and 230Gr hardcasts, but I cannot find then on t'interweb.
    I am new to this 10mm stuff myself nbh40 so I'll read and learn with ya.

I am not going to let one negative post worry me any! I searched 84 reviews on the Witness 10MM and 80 of the 84 were positive. 2 guys did have cracked slides after about 500 rounds. This makes me wonder about the pressure of those rounds and does make me question if EAA might have had some quality control issues going on for a while. I will inquire with the chaps at Brownells concerning heavier recoil springs.

I also searched 100 reviews on Kimbers a while back and they had 30% negative comments as compared to the 5% of negative comments I found on the Witness. Even the mighty Glock which I own 3 of get some negative reviews.

If you are gonna shoot hot and heavy stuff from any 10mm you need to up the springs so the gun donít kill its self slamming open in recoil. I have 24# in both my 10mms and the EAA has worn out 500 round of brass without any more issues than my big buck 1911. With the stock spring an EAA 10mm it will batter its self to death with heavy loads but so will a Glock, Colt, S&W 1006 and so on.

10mm components:
    Brass I like Starline but just ordered 200 of these Doubletap.
    New
    http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?pageNum=1&tabId=1&categoryId=7 495&categoryString=9315***652***670***9014***
    Once fired.
    http://www.thebulletworks.net/10mm-Brass-p/brass10mm-1fp.htm

Cast boolets:
    I only found these about 100 rounds ago but so far so good on the 200s.
    http://www.thebulletworks.net/category-s/21.htm

Dies:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=622255
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thanks guys. Yep springs already on the way, a variety so I can also go realy low for plate match extra light rounds! I'll take a look at those links AD and I'll let ya know what I find (just seem that DT brass, nice!).
    It seems that the EAA has overall very positive reviews and it seems the bad reviews are from guys putting a staple of DT or BB in them with stock springs, that is just asking for trouble.
    I actually went for the Tupperware full size EAA. IMHO and I may be wrong, we'll see, the composite should be more forgiving and absorbing and I have not read a single negative (actually all very positive) about the EAA poly guns. And less to go rusty
    To be perfectly clear, I have nothing against Glocks, they just do not fit my hand well and with 3 young boys (4,5 and 6) who go with me everywhere I just have to have another safety apart from the trigger. I know, I know, they are all gun aware and I am THE safety, but kids are inquisitve and that extra barrier just helps. Also the EAA is very similar in many ways to the Hi-powers I have carried all my life, so why try to change my habits.

Thank You AD! 24# it is!

Is 'The Bullet Works' the company that will take brass from you and exchange for polished brass that you want, obviously you give them more than they give you? Or is that another company? I have 20 gallons of 9mm brass that I could get rid of (some) for 10mm.

I have some, atleast 100 if not alot more of used once fired nickle plated Double Tap brass I can sell.

Double Tap aslo sells boxes of 100 bullets in both 200gr and 230gr hardcast with a gas check. Not sure on prices, didn't go to his site and check. I have brought them in for guys in the past. He used to use beartooth bullets, but now he rolls his own lead too.

I use a 22 and 24# spring in my glock with my long slide. It is sweet shooter. I shot a stock glock a few rounds this weekend, but didn't really focus on recoil, though I think it was more than mine. The gun definately doesn't jump as much, so I assume the spring is taking the abuse and not the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    I have some, atleast 100 if not alot more of used once fired nickle plated Double Tap brass I can sell.

Double Tap aslo sells boxes of 100 bullets in both 200gr and 230gr hardcast with a gas check. Not sure on prices, didn't go to his site and check. I have brought them in for guys in the past. He used to use beartooth bullets, but now he rolls his own lead too.

I use a 22 and 24# spring in my glock with my long slide. It is sweet shooter. I shot a stock glock a few rounds this weekend, but didn't really focus on recoil, though I think it was more than mine. The gun definately doesn't jump as much, so I assume the spring is taking the abuse and not the frame.
    PM Sent, please check

Thanks for tip on DT boolits, he does indeed have 200 and 230s listed and not a bad price either.

akrstabout Good tip on the D/T lead, I had no idea. I have a 22 and 24# for my G22 also but the 22# is too light in mine, likely be perfect in your long slide though. In my EAA Match

nbh40 I donít know if they take brass or not but someone someplace will buy that 9mm off ya. Let us know how you like that combat Tupperware by EAA, Iíve been eyeing them myself since they came out. Iím with you on Glock, they are phat, hence all the grip modifiers out there carving them down. Iíd sure like a safety device, I worry that if anything ever got inside the trigger guard there could be heck to pay . . . Iíve pulled branches outa there on other guns in the woods before. And to me they are just clunky/ugly looking but dang are they a good/fun/easy to hit with auto and great for starting new people out with. When something works that beautifully at its intended purpose I find it hard to discount just because I think it ugly.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

As DT would only offer UPS ($40 for 100 bullets), I went looking around and found a reall good deal on 10mm and only $15 shipping for up to 3000 bullets! 180 and 220Gr 10mm

http://www.friendswoodbullet.com/40_...79_115204.aspx

I like the look of those 220s. D/T never heard of a flat rate box?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    D/T never heard of a flat rate box?
    My Thoughts. But I know some places are contracted exclusively with UPS or Fedex, for the ease of on the door collection etc. But no way I am paying $40 shipping for 100 bullets. Much rather pay $55 total for 500 of 220 grainers.