Thread: Great day out with the family

Default Great day out with the family

Went down to homer this past weekend to have a lil family fishing trip, We had a blast caught over 100 fish weather could of been better but wasnt bad. The only bad thing was my cooler full of fish was stolen out of the back of my truck at lands end. Anyways heres a short clip of the trip. Enjoy

http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...ebb14295743063
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    The only bad thing was my cooler full of fish was stolen out of the back of my truck at lands end. http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...ebb14295743063
    Some people need removed from the gene pool. Sorry you got your fish stolen but sounds like you a had a darn nice weekend otherwise
    Experience is a hard teacher because you get the test first and the lesson afterwards.

Yeah it was a blast, kids had a great time and are complaining now that there arms hurt from all the fish . Im pretty sure i know who did it they were giving us dirty looks every time we threw back the pollock and came over several times speaking in there language trying to get our cod. And its not like they didnt know what they were doing the whole truck was full of fishing gear but the only thing they managed to take was a cooler full of fish . Im over it, i just wont be eating at a select few restaurants down there.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Looks like a fun day,especially for the kids.Love your daghters' technigue--too funny.Sorry to hear you got ripped off.Similar thing happened to me at Anchor River last June except the theives broke into the cab of my truck.Not much else to say about low-lifes.

Sooner or later , the right guy or should I say the wrong guy will catch them and that will be that !! cool video ! and I still reel in a fish like your littel one does !!! (what !!! it works )

Im pretty sure i know who did it they were giving us dirty looks every time we threw back the pollock and came over several times speaking in there language trying to get our cod. i just wont be eating at a select few restaurants down there.
    Don't take this wrong. I'm not judging you. I'm just trying to figure out what you mean here. To me, it implies someone speaking a language other than English wanted some of your fish. I guess they got some. But what does the restaurant part mean? Are you referring to Land's End?

no not at all we didnt try Lands End we just stayed there, im simply stating the oriental restaurants around homer. Im not the first person and wont be the last that fish get stolen from.They are like flies down there, simply wouldnt leave us alone about our cod on the shore. Ill just leave it at that.

-Tight Lines

Looks like a great family outing. Love to see the little ones in on the action. Had to laugh thinking back on the past when your daughter was reeling one it and struggling. My boys use to throw the pole over their shoulder and run when they had a hard time, or just back up. Anyways, its what its all about. Thanks for sharing the video and sorry about the fish getting stolen.

Hate to hear about your cooler and fish. We had a similar issue last year on Memorial Day weekend at the camp next to Lands End. Similar in that they stole the bags of cleaned fillets (40-50 lbs of them) out of our cooler. Cooler was in the boat when we went to bed, even put fresh ice on them. We woke up and went to make sure the ice hadn't melted too much and the cooler was still there, just empty. Completely sucked, whole family's weekend of fillets just gone. But really thought it strange they didn't take the cooler too.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Glad to hear fish were caught and fun was had. I was thinking about taking the kids down soon. I guess I will be leaving some water in the back of my truck...in a gas can. Probably set up a camera too. I live for the day I see someone half way in my car. I'm sure the next day I will be ordering a new door for my truck but it will be worth it too have a door "form molded under high stress" in the shape of a human body.

Great to see the kids out! I've been working on getting my daughter to pick up some fishing interest. Started with stock ponds in Oregon this winter. I think having success early is key. Looks like you've got your kids hooked.

no not at all we didnt try Lands End we just stayed there, im simply stating the oriental restaurants around homer. Im not the first person and wont be the last that fish get stolen from.They are like flies down there, simply wouldnt leave us alone about our cod on the shore. Ill just leave it at that.

-Tight Lines
    Sorry about your fish being stolen. But at least you know all the stray dogs in Homer have at least another week to live.
    Tennessee