Thread: Great weekend for hiking!

Delta Junction AK

Default Great weekend for hiking!

Mananged to squeeze in some hiking over the weekend...

Did my usual Donelly Dome loop on Sat. and finally saw some other folks on the trail enjoying the weather. Wind wasn't too vicious but certainly stiff at the summit.

Took the family to Eagle Creek (16 mi. from Tok) for a great afternoon hiking the nature loop and up to the overlook. Beautiful day to be out and about in the Interior with just enough breeze to keep the bugs at bay.

Hope everyone else got some miles in.

Eagle River

I did some hiking in the mountains in Eagle River and also up by the Eagle River Nature Center on the Crow Pass Trail. Not everything is melted but most parts of the trails are dry, it's only the north facing slopes that are still a bit muddy/snowy.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Supporting Member Gr is for Greg's Avatar

Went up Rainbow Peak with the Bro Thursday night. It's nice to have long evenings back again - we started at 9:00 pm and ended around 1:00 am. We probably totaled about 20 steps on snow at the very top of the ridge, and the trail lower down was basically bone dry. So if you are looking for a good hike to do NOW that will kick your butt (at least it kicked mine!) and does not require snow shoes, crampons, gaters, or any of that junk, Rainbow is the way to go. Just don't whine when your quads are screaming at you the day after (grin).

My signature is awesome.