Thread: Reloading shops?

Default Reloading shops?

Anyone know where in town (other than Mountain View and Sportsmans Warehouse) someone might carry this? Tried ordering though Mountain View but, more expensive than ordering it myself.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=309802

I know I could have already ordered it by now but that is no fun.

You might try Great Northern Guns as they carry a fair supply of reloading gear. If not at GNG, there is a sponser here on the reloading forum up in Wasilla, Arctic Ammo and Reloading Supplies. I have not made it up there yet, but you could probably give them a call before making the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTERKJL View Post
    You might try Great Northern Guns as they carry a fair supply of reloading gear. If not at GNG, there is a sponser here on the reloading forum up in Wasilla, Arctic Ammo and Reloading Supplies. I have not made it up there yet, but you could probably give them a call before making the drive.
    Thanks! I think I am going give them a call.

Default Lee reloading

GNGs does not carry Lee equipment. Most of the reloading equipment I'veseen there is RCBS.

If there was gun show coming up you could try for some used dies. You may be able to find some used ones if you scout around at some of the gun stores - used .38/.357 die sets are faily common.

Quote Originally Posted by hberge86 View Post
    Thanks! I think I am going give them a call.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I doubt you will do any better than Midway (that's a good price on a carbide 4 die set) even with shipping but the only chance would be Boondocks in E/R or Sportsmanís.

Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Boondocks carries mainly Redding equipment, I was looking for Lee dies for .44 mag.

Quote Originally Posted by fishslayer View Post
    Boondocks carries mainly Redding equipment, I was looking for Lee dies for .44 mag.
    True and they don't stock a lot of dies but they do have some Lee stuff and some Hornady stuff. Sportsman's stocks Lee also but not many Lee dies (RCBS mostly) but are your another place to look.

Also last I was in Wasilla Wal-Mart I saw they had some reloading stuff now, I didn't look as the wife was in a rush but I think it was Lee . . . don't hold me to that I didn't go down that row but worth checking.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

New Gun Runners on Muldoon caries lots of Lee reloading supplies, more than I've seen anywhere in town.
    Afflicted by condition human

Default For REAL fun

Assemble a 4-die set yourself from parts.

Get a Tungsten-Carbide sizing die, two seating/crimping dies and the Lee Case-mouth belling die (with the powder-through feature).

With a T-C set, only the sizing die is T-C. The rest are just regular tool steel, the same as a regular set.

So, mix and match. Get four dies. They don't even have to be the same brand.

Get a T-C sizing die. The Lee case-mouth belling and powder charging die is next. Then take a seating/crimping die and use it just to seat - no crimp. Last, use a crimping die without the seating plug just to crimp.

The only thing you lack, then, is the post-crimp sizing that the Lee FCD gives you. Some folks don't like that feature anyway and remove the post-crimp sizing ring from their FCDs.

I'm not saying it is the best way to go, but it could be the most interesting.

Lost Sheep.

I have to put in a dig. I'd think twice about ordering from Cabelas. In early October I ordered a die set they said was in stock, but when I was emailed confirmation a few seconds later, it said they were backordered but due in a week. After a week I called them, and they said next. Called them once a week for a month and always got the one week answer. The dies finally showed up the end of April, seven months after I ordered. Yeah, my jaw is cranked up real tight with that phony outfit.

I donít do Cabelas ether after paying their high price then weighing 2 months before it came. Midway (which was the link here) or Brownells for me, they have both been good to me at fair prices.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I usaully order from Lee direct, retail prices yes, but they only charge $4 for shippinng, which is a bargan...

Quote Originally Posted by allen-ak View Post
    I usaully order from Lee direct, retail prices yes, but they only charge $4 for shippinng, which is a bargan...
    I've noticed that when I get stuff from Lee the postage on the box is always more than what I paid. Guess they like Alaskans.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Graff & Sons website is normally better priced than midway

I have ordered Lee stuff from this dealer in Indiana, and they have no problems shipping via USPS to save money.:

https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?...mart&Itemid=41

The die you are looking at is a couple of dollars cheaper here as well.