Thread: New boat owner looking for some information on recreational fishing in PWS

Default New boat owner looking for some information on recreational fishing in PWS

Hello, I just bought a 22 foot boat that is designed for light ocean duty as well as rivers n lakes. It has very high sides and an enclosed canopy. I want to do a little sport fishing with my family basing out of Valdez. I am just looking for where to go to get information about it. Is fish and game a good resource? I want to try for halibut, salmon, shrimp. I have been on some commercial charters, so I have an idea of the tackle/gear needed but would like to find info about how to find some spots, which fish finders are good, etc. I am willing to do the legwork of the research just need to know where to start and possibly some recommendations from the seasoned vets. I am not planning on going out of the sound. I am too scared of rough weather in that lil thing.

If anyone happens to want to email me info wolf0994@gci.net it would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Check your PM.
    BK