Thread: Kodiak Bound June 21st

Default Kodiak Bound June 21st

Heading to Kodiak the 3rd week of June. We have a halibut charter. Just looking for any information on the fishing.

I am surprised the author hasn't pumped buying his book yet!! Well don't! Get ahold of the chamber of commerce and ask a few questions at the fishing shops, you will get much more valuable info than some ad charter pump.

I am assuming rivers. Reds in the buskin and pasagshak rivers. Do your self a favor, If people are catching fish, take 15- 30 minutes and watch the few that are catching and how specifically they are doing it and emulate it! Also poloroid glasses with a rose or orange tint are you best friend! Good luck.

Wow - on my first trip to Kodiak a few years ago I found Bernard's book to be a great help. I would encourage every first timer to Kodiak to pick it up & consume it!!!

should be a few kings around monoshka, olds and american as well and if your looking to get away from the crowds some great stocked lake trout fishing can be had.

agree with dienqvrs talk to some locals at the shops or pm someone like me who actually lives here and knows way more about kodiak than any tourist author. Won't cost you a cent and the info will be much more credible, up to date and precise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak Commando View Post
    Talk to some locals at the shops or pm someone like me who actually lives here and knows way more about kodiak than any tourist author. Won't cost you a cent and the info will be much more credible, up to date and precise.
    The truest words ever to be written!!