Thread: Need a firearms importer in Alaska

Default Need a firearms importer in Alaska

If anyone knows of an FFL/importer in Alaska I'd like their contact info. I let my import permit expire and have 8 firearms in England that I need to import. Thanks

Probably the easiest way would be to go to a local gun shop & ask them what they'd charge you for the service. I'm not sure that a FFL & "importer" are the same - if not they should know how to contact an importer. Most charge a small fee for what you want done.

I feel your pain. I loved the fines over there and the price but the paper work oh my
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Ive used a fellow outta Glasgow Montana for a couple european antiques. This was back inthe 90's, and he's passed away now,....... but you would have the gun Imported to the importer, then FFL transfer to your local dealer.
    You can basicly us a firearms importer from anywhewre inthe country, maby find one here onthe net or post a question to find one on Gunboards.com.

Good luck.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I'd just like to save a little on shipping and have the exporter ship to Alaska and then I pick them up instead of shipping to Anywhere lower 48, and then having to ship them to a dealer up here and then I pick them up. Guess I shouldn't have let my FFL/import permit expire.

If you can't find anyone up here, you could give these guys a try.

LeRoy's Big Valley Gun Works in Glasgow, Montana. Their phone number is 406-228-4867 and email is leroygun@nemontel.net

Dang, thats him I belive, or the sucessor to the biz...........who knows whos dead anymore ~~LOL!!~~

The FFL holder you use here in AK can accept it straight from the importer. The Importer must recive it from the source country. No different than Centurey or anther business importing Mosins (for say) and then sending to to your local FFL.
    No FFL can import, only a licensed importer. Antiques are different, but each country has its rules and laws.

The guy in Glasgow is straight up good business, if its indeed the same guy.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Leroy's has been sold to David J. Gadbois - Import and Export of Collectible Firearms. That's the guy I was trying to use. Whoever he had handling it didn't know sh1t. Won't answer emails either so I told him in my last email to cease and desist. I'll find someone else.