Thread: Who has best prices on Yamaha filters and oil in ANC?

Default Who has best prices on Yamaha filters and oil in ANC?

Looking to buy a few 4-stroke OB filters and some marine crankcase oil.

Thanks.

Look at the autoshops (napa, schucks, even walmart) for the filters. I've bought the same filter for my honda 150's at the autoparts store, but simply in a different color for a whole lot less.

If you do not know and understand the difference between factory replacement and aftermarket "will fit" filters, please call Dewies and get Yamaha filters.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I have some extra Amsoil 10w 30 Marine OB oil on hand....advance notice can get filters also.

I'd recommend you research it for yourself. The aftermarket oil filter debate is well documented on the web with lots of good info and alternatives. Many manufactures for aftermarket vs oem products often are one and the same. If the oem labeled product gives you piece of mind, then go ahead and buy it provided the extra cost doesn't matter to you. If you do your homework, you may decide otherwise.

I need Yamaha filter 5GH-13440-00. I will be in ANC for a couple of days. Who sells them for the best price? Or what equivalent should I seek out?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dimrod View Post
    I need Yamaha filter 5GH-13440-00. I will be in ANC for a couple of days. Who sells them for the best price? Or what equivalent should I seek out?

Thanks.
    I've been running Yamahaha's for a couple years.. I'm on my 3rd 4 stroke OB... When it came time to change oil and filters I looked up the Fram replacement numbers and have used Fram filters for Yamahaha's ever since... Fram is a good filter and I've never had any problems with them EVER... plus they sell for $3 or $4 as opposed to Yamahaha dealers charging $10 for theirs... I also use the Chevron oil that meets or beats the Yamaha recommendatons... not so sure there is any price advantage there anymore, but availability is the big ticket with me...

Quote Originally Posted by dimrod View Post
    I need Yamaha filter 5GH-13440-00. I will be in ANC for a couple of days. Who sells them for the best price?Thanks.
    The two choices in Anchorage are Anchorage Yamaha on Spenard and Dewey's Cook Inlet on 76th. In the past when I need a Yamaha item I call both and then go whichever has the lowest price.

Doug

Alaska Mining & Diving now carries Yamaha parts, they're priced about the same as Deweys. I researched alternatives for the filters and came up with the following alternatives for the 5GH-13440-00-00 (supercedes the 3FV-13440-10-00):

WIX 51358
    FRAM PH6017A
    Fleetguard 3925
    Sierra 18-7909
    Baldwin B1400
    K&N KN303
    K&N 303/C
    Donaldson P502067
    AC Delco PF 2135

HOWEVER - I tried the Fleetguard in my oil change this week, and found that all of the critical dimensions are correct except for the depth of the spud mounting - The filter hit the stops on the spud before the edges of the filter contacted the side of filter mount. So I went back to the Yamaha filter. I've used Sierra in the past, and they are well built. This website gives you the down and dirty on a comparison between the Yamaha and Sierra filters (albeit for the PN that fits the 150, not the 115).

Cheers,
    John

Went to AK Mining last weekend and bought a Yamaha filter but had to buy an oil change kit to get it since they didn't sell it individually. $33 buck for a filter and three qts of Yama lube. Too lazy to check any where else. I did buy an aftermarket last year and it wouldn't seal. Finally bought a Yamaha filter and had no problem