Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: how big is he

  1. #1

    Default how big is he

    Any guesses as to how big this bear is?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Big big lol

  3. #3
    Member Gerberman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Soldotna AK, Eugene, OR
    Posts
    613

    Default

    7'9" squared

  4. #4
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    8' or so. Hard to tell on my phone
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Big enough to eat all your bait and run off the black bears.

  6. #6

    Default

    A solid 8 1/2'...maybe a tad bit closer to 9' would be my guess. Cool pic.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7

    Default

    9'...nice pic
    Karma is like a rubber band; it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.

  8. #8
    Member baitem907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    425

    Default

    That there is a pucker!
    I would guess around 8'
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

  9. #9
    Member SkinnyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    20B
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    Who is Heather and why is she leaving?
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.


  10. #10
    Member tiger15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    211

    Default

    SkinnyD, glad you asked because I was wondering the same thing! But Heather must be smart to leave if she saw that bear come in to the bait...

  11. #11

    Default

    Haha Heather is my daughter she moved to florida a few days ago this pic was in the folder of her going away party pics.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    141

    Default

    For a Grizzly he is a big one!! 8.5' i would guess as he looks twice as big/long as the 50 gallon drum. I would love to get a bear that size one day!! Looks like interior trees is why i say Grizz?

  13. #13

    Default

    Nope its on the kenai and its a 30 gal drum.

  14. #14
    Member Rumbarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ft. Pierce Florida
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Wow , I couldn't imagine waking up one morning , crawling out my tent and seeing that thing in my campsite . That thing is a beast lol

  15. #15

    Default

    Solid 8 footer. Possibly a little bigger. Did you find any tracks? A good way to estimate from the tracks is to measure the width of the front paw, convert the inch size to feet, and then add a foot. So for instance, if the width of the front paw measured 7 inches wide, it would probably be an 8 ft bear. If the paw measured 8 inches, it would be a 9 ft bear and so on.

  16. #16
    Member terbear747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Here's a couple more to guess on
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #17
    Member REMF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff156 View Post
    Nope its on the kenai and its a 30 gal drum.
    On the Kenai? No way, we all know there are very few brownies on the Kenai. LOL
    The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

    HOOAH

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •