Thread: Building Inspector willing to travel?

Default Building Inspector willing to travel?

I have a house out in Kiana, Alaska and I need a building inspection done. The building is 80% complete and has electrical and all plumbing finished. All that is needed is interior work and exterior siding. I have yet to find someone willing to travel to the bush to conduct an inspection. I would be willing to pay whatever the going hourly or daily rate + perdium, travel costs, and lodging. If it lands on a weekend maybe a day or two of salmon/shee fishing at no expense.

Is this for the bank? If so I think they need to request it. Contact Wells Fargo about one, they got offices in many bush communities and have a list of inspectors they work with. I am dealing with this as we speak, mine is for a commercial property. Good luck.

George

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    Is this for the bank? If so I think they need to request it. Contact Wells Fargo about one, they got offices in many bush communities and have a list of inspectors they work with. I am dealing with this as we speak, mine is for a commercial property. Good luck.

George
    When I last talked to the bank, they told me I needed to hire and have a licensed home inspector make sure the foundation, plumbing etc. was secure and functioning and that they would conduct an appraisal if everything checked out. I will call them next week to clarify. Thank you for your reply.

From what I've been reading (I'll be going through this too), the bank has a vested interest in making sure an inspector they trust is inspecting the property that they're lending for. Otherwise, you could just hire a buddy that says everything checks out, they give you the money, then you default or something and they're stuck with a property not worth the original value.

Definitely check again with the bank.