Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92

Thread: What can an AK. State Trooper do about illegal bait stands....?

  1. #1

    Default What can an AK. State Trooper do about illegal bait stands....?

    What can any Alaska State Trooper do about an illegal Bear Bait Station......? Would someone please tell me.......? Here is my deal you convince me they can do anything, and I'll call them. Now that is fair.

  2. #2
    Member Noble Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nelchina, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    What can any Alaska State Trooper do about an illegal Bear Bait Station......? Would someone please tell me.......? Here is my deal you convince me they can do anything, and I'll call them. Now that is fair.
    They will bring the matter of Legality into the situation. Granted they may be able to catch the perp but they would be able to deter if their presence is known.
    -Caleb-

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noble Killer View Post
    They will bring the matter of Legality into the situation. Granted they may be able to catch the perp but they would be able to deter if their presence is known.
    OK, but if the station is illegal, and there are no signs, all the Trooper can do is leave a nice NOTE. The illegal baiter walks away, leaving his two barrels, his tree house, bread wrappers. And starts all over two miles down the road.

  4. #4
    Member Grizzly Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Couple different things can happen...........
    1. Violator is cited
    2. bait station is removed
    3. bait station is brought up to code
    4. bait station is abandoned and "free barrel advertising" starts
    Any of the above situations are better than walking past these illegal stations every day getting pissed and posting on this forum.
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    Couple different things can happen...........
    1. Violator is cited
    2. bait station is removed
    3. bait station is brought up to code
    4. bait station is abandoned and "free barrel advertising" starts
    Any of the above situations are better than walking past these illegal stations every day getting pissed and posting on this forum.
    I want to KNOW How a citation is issued. And why would the Alaska State Troopers bring it UP to code.

    I really want to know how you cite the owner of a tree house & two steel barrels if there is "NO" posting of signs or posting of any kind. What does you do send the tree to jail......? Really what can they do........?

    See I think the ONLY baiter they can cite is one who has tried to do everything correctly, and made one small error. Tell me and I'll call Trooper Cooper.

  6. #6

    Default

    call trooper ackton in cooper landing and I can tell you he will track the people down and cite them

  7. #7
    Member SkinnyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    20B
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    You oughta tie one of your geese to the tree. That'll bring the Trooper running.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.


  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbear View Post
    call trooper ackton in cooper landing and I can tell you he will track the people down and cite them
    HOW....That is what I want to know........How. Just tell me how.

  9. #9
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    probably patrols the area lots, writes down times, vehicles license numbers, maybe hides a game cam near a illegal barrel and waits for the owner to return.
    Semper Fi!

  10. #10
    Member Noble Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nelchina, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    HOW....That is what I want to know........How. Just tell me how.
    Call the trooper and ask him what he would do. That would be a whole lot better than asking us (non troopers) what or how a trooper would handle the situation.
    -Caleb-

  11. #11
    Member Grizzly Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    356

    Default

    What is your objective here? You know what the right thing to do is, and people on here have told you repeatedly what to do and how to do it. I'm trying to figure you out. I thought you wanted more bears dead in your area. Many people offered to help you out with that. You did even reply to some. So now you're taking nature walks through people's bait stations pissing and moaning that everyone is illegal, however refuse to do anything about it. Again, what are you trying to accomplish when you post the same stuff on every baiting thread?
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

  12. #12

    Default

    Wow.. AGL's back and appears to be doing the same thing again all over again. It must be really boring down in Hope/Sunshine this time of year.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

  13. #13
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Just call and see what they tell you. They will do something like posted above put up a trail camera. If they do nothing then I will say you are right in doing nothing but until you call you will never know.

  14. #14
    Member ProHunterAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting Frogs and Skeeters
    Posts
    851

    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

  15. #15
    Member ProHunterAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting Frogs and Skeeters
    Posts
    851

    Default

    also it is a crime to not report a crime. In some cases (at least from what you have said about the bait sites) could or possibly could qualify them as a felony violation. So in turn you are committing a crime for failure to notify authorities of a felony crime.

    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    probably patrols the area lots, writes down times, vehicles license numbers, maybe hides a game cam near a illegal barrel and waits for the owner to return.
    Two thousand Troopers could Not do that in Unit # 7.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Two thousand Troopers could Not do that in Unit # 7.
    Sounds like you already have your answer then.

    What are you really trying to find out?

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    What is your objective here? You know what the right thing to do is, and people on here have told you repeatedly what to do and how to do it. I'm trying to figure you out. I thought you wanted more bears dead in your area. Many people offered to help you out with that. You did even reply to some. So now you're taking nature walks through people's bait stations pissing and moaning that everyone is illegal, however refuse to do anything about it. Again, what are you trying to accomplish when you post the same stuff on every baiting thread?
    Me taking Trooper for a walk to several bait stations:

    Me: See trooper, just look at that.
    Trooper: Yep
    Me: Do something, this is the Chugach National Forest.
    Trooper: What would you like me to do......Cite the tree or cite the barrel....?
    Me: Catch the Bad-Guy.
    Trooper: Sorry, the bad guy did not register this station, and he was smart enough to not put up a sign with his name & Lic. number. Sorry don't see much I can do. So we have two choices, I leave him a note, in that case he will leave all this trash in the Chugach National Forest, then he sets up a mile away, and we have twice as much trash in the National Forest.
    Me: Well, I sure don't want twice as much trash, so I guess it is best to just walk away, and NOT leave a note.
    Trooper: AGL4now, I think you now grasp the futility of my daily efforts.
    Me: I yes, I can only hope the legal bear baiter's, work together to propose changes, that will raise the bar for all bear baiter's.
    Trooper: Most likely the honest baiter's, don't grasp the magnitude of this problem, maybe if you go on the AOD forum, they will do something.
    Me: Yes Sir.
    Trooper: See the only other solution is for the Federal Government to make Bear Baiting illegal on all Federal Lands, like this Chugach National Forest and the wilderness that you seem to love so dearly.
    Me: But what if they call me "Troll" and say, We don't want to hear about this.....?
    Trooper: Well, I guess when they loose the right to bait bears, they will wish they had lessoned.
    Me: Thanks for coming, have a nice day.
    Trooper: You too.

    (I have no children, and yet I care about the destruction of the National Forest, Most of you have children, or will have children, I just don't see why you look the other way to the trashing of the National Forest which belong to all American's, Baiter's and Non-Baiter's, but only the baiter's are building tree houses, and leaving 55 Gallon Steel drums in the "Wilderness".

    ONLY the Baiter's stand to loose if the Government closes PUBLIC lands to baiting.....

  19. #19
    Member ProHunterAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting Frogs and Skeeters
    Posts
    851

    Default

    AGL I spoke to a trooper and he said if it is a actively baited unregistered site the state will sit on the site to catch the perp. just a FYI

    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    AGL I spoke to a trooper and he said if it is a actively baited unregistered site the state will sit on the site to catch the perp. just a FYI
    They don't have "Thousands" spare Troopers. What they tell you is just like what the IRS does, two weeks befor April 15, they prosecute so BIG Tax Fraud case, just to sacre the puppy poop out of everyone. Think about it.......They could not even sit on 1/10 of the Actively baited unregistered sites just on the Hope Road. That is what I would expect them to say, Hell it is what I want them to say, but there is not way they can do that, NONE.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •