Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exwelding

Default Exwelding

Thanks Exwelding for becoming a forum sponsor!

I look forward to showing off the Flo/Pro reverse bucket at the spring gathering!
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

You trying to tease us?...pics man...pics
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Hahaha, I haven't got it yet, I just ordered it tonight. I hope Claude doesn't mind me reposting his pics off the other forum.

This is the bucket Im getting. The stock 770 bucket worked ok before it was extended for the trim nozzle, but after all the grinding and such, it doesn't really work that great anymore. I think I took too much off the top to clear the trim actuator. This should have plenty of room for me, and should work good.

Claude has been great at answering my questions and my bucket should ship out tomorrow. Ill take pics of it installed when I get home.

Thing looks sexy and mean at the same time...

.....I bet that's the first time some one has complimented your hind end
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

hope my wife doesn't get jealous...hahaha

First things first I would like to thank Alaska Outdoors fourms giving Exwelding the opportunity becoming a site sponser. We are looking forward in sharing our new ideas and concepts of our products with the jet boating enthusiasts. Thank you c-bolt for the order of our Flo/Pro reverse bucket product.

Claude:

Hey exwelding....I just bought an 1875XS with a jmax. I know that several folks have had issues with rocks getting stuck in the bucket while reversing..being new to jet boating I am not sure if there is a fix for this. I would be interested in talking to you about your thoughts and possible solutions. I will be coming up from the lower 48 for the spring gathering and will be getting my boat wet for the first time (well first time for me not the boat) so if you were going to be around maybe we could talk.

Just give me abit of advance warning so I can let you know if I will be around. Usually around the shop during the week but sometimes away on the weekends. Maybe we can come up with a solution with the rock issue.

Claude:

Exwelding....what is your contact info. I get to anchorage on the 25th of this month..

Quote Originally Posted by 1875XA View Post
    Exwelding....what is your contact info. I get to anchorage on the 25th of this month..
    Visit our forum sponsor Exwelding. We are based in Prince George in northern British Columbia Canada. We offer new ideas and concepts to boaters with their needs in the jet boating industry. Exwelding is sole north American distributor of Flo/Pro jet units and products. For the multi-stage jet or Sport jet enthusiasts looking to refurb or enhance their pumps performance. Please check out our website Exwelding.ca to view more about our products or contact us at (250)614-9353.

This info is just under the header for this forum. They are sponsoring this forum.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Also, not sure you noticed, but if you want to talk to Claude, you had better stop in there in Prince George, Canada. Your posts made it seem like you thought he was in Alaska.

just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by c-bolt View Post
    Also, not sure you noticed, but if you want to talk to Claude, you had better stop in there in Prince George, Canada. Your posts made it seem like you thought he was in Alaska.

just FYI
    No I didn't realize that at the time. Would make for a long day.

c-bolt I am anxiously awaiting your performance report on the nozzle and bucket combination. I think the stock bucket sucks in reverse and sure hope this is the cure.

Me too. It left customs on Tuesday which should give it enough time to get to me before I get home on Wednesday.

The stock bucket worked at stopping fairly well before I had to cut it up for the trim nozzle. Now, it only works OK if the trim nozzle is all the way up. Maybe it will work good enough to back up the Big-Su...that would be sweet!

Ill post pics and an unbiased review when I get it.

Joe

Well, my wife went and picked it up at the post office. Only a few more days!

Quote Originally Posted by c-bolt View Post
    Well, my wife went and picked it up at the post office. Only a few more days!
    Any advancement on your progress with your reverse project? Some photos will be nice.

I have been way too busy with fun this weekend. Right now is the first time I have been able to relax since I got home wednesday. The good news is, I get to go back to work tomorrow!....yay!

The nozzle fits very tight in the Flo Pro bucket when straight.

When the nozzle is turned, the bucket wont even come down all the way. It hits the trim ring and nozzle bolts

The good news is it seems to clear the nozzle where it wont need extended any.

So, since it backed me up at over 4 mph on the lake with it straight, Im going to keep it. I like the way it feels shifting too. I didn't adjust it down as much as I wanted since the bolts that the nozzle pivots on would keep it from raising. I think it will work even better with the bucket dropped a bit more.

It is now at Greatland Welding getting the arms beefed up so I can grind them down to add clearance.

Hi Joe:
    Wouldn't it be better to make a couple of spacers and use longer tail cone bolts to give you more clearance in stead of adding and grinding the bucket arms.

Claude:

So, its been a while. I had an extra week of work, and been busy as usual since Ive been home. I picked my bucket up from Greatland Welding, and started grinding some clearance around the trim nozzle. After I spaced the pivot arms out as Claude suggested, it made the job a bit easier. I also shimmed them to center the bucket so I dont have to worry about side to side slop anymore. I didn't have to take too much off the arms, but enough that the extra bracing was worth the money.

All and all, I think it works pretty good. Im still working on the adjustment a bit for stopping, but low speed maneuvering is AWESOME! Way better than the old bucket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast