Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: "bear bait station sign"

  1. #1
    Member ProHunterAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting Frogs and Skeeters
    Posts
    851

    Default "bear bait station sign"

    just curious to see what everyone elses signs look like. Did you put any "fine print" like entering area poses a risk to yourself and others. here are what mine look like nothing too fancy.


    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

  2. #2
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    nice looking sign

  3. #3

    Default

    85% of the Bear Bait Stations around here make two copies of their permit, and then nail it to a tree with a small finishing nail. First wind or first rain it is gone. 5% put up a hand made sign, made out of old plywood. 10% put the copies of the permits in a Zip-lock bag and tack to a tree. However this only refers to the 70% that even register their station.

  4. #4
    Member terbear747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    85% of the Bear Bait Stations around here make two copies of their permit, and then nail it to a tree with a small finishing nail. First wind or first rain it is gone. 5% put up a hand made sign, made out of old plywood. 10% put the copies of the permits in a Zip-lock bag and tack to a tree. However this only refers to the 70% that even register their station.
    I made one copy and bagged it and stapled it to a piece of plywood along with the sign fin & feather gave me that they were handing out a couple years ago. Bagged it too and it's still in good shape and stapled to the plywood too. Board is lagged to the tree.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    85% of the Bear Bait Stations around here make two copies of their permit, and then nail it to a tree with a small finishing nail. First wind or first rain it is gone. 5% put up a hand made sign, made out of old plywood. 10% put the copies of the permits in a Zip-lock bag and tack to a tree. However this only refers to the 70% that even register their station.
    Could you please cite a reference for your statistics.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKF View Post
    Could you please cite a reference for your statistics.
    YES, I can. I have two eye balls, they work just fine. I have two legs, they can and sometimes walk 25/30 miles per day; However my daily hikes are 4 to 7 miles per day in the summer and 2 to 4 miles per day in the winter. That is my "Reference". If you are a gambling man, I'll give you even odds, and bet you straight up to say $1,000.00 cash. (Note: One of my daily hikes is up or down the Chugach Electric Powerline, 86.527% of all Bear Bait Stations in this area are less than 150 yards off the powerline). Said powerline is in the Chugach National Forest.......It is "Illegal" for Bear Baiter's to operate a motorized vehicle on or off the powerline, or any of the access (Service) roads to said powerline.

  7. #7
    Member blasterak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    14A
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Nice sign, mine just says "Caution black bear bait site ahead" with a picture of a bear on it. Ziplocked and stapled to a tree.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    YES, I can. I have two eye balls, they work just fine. I have two legs, they can and sometimes walk 25/30 miles per day; However my daily hikes are 4 to 7 miles per day in the summer and 2 to 4 miles per day in the winter. That is my "Reference". If you are a gambling man, I'll give you even odds, and bet you straight up to say $1,000.00 cash. (Note: One of my daily hikes is up or down the Chugach Electric Powerline, 86.527% of all Bear Bait Stations in this area are less than 150 yards off the powerline). Said powerline is in the Chugach National Forest.......It is "Illegal" for Bear Baiter's to operate a motorized vehicle on or off the powerline, or any of the access (Service) roads to said powerline.
    As has been said dozens of times to you, if you see illegal activity then report it. Trooper Cooper is checking every registered station in unit 7. Let me know if you need his number.

    Until then keep your constantly negative posts to yourself. I'm tiring of your double talk.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKF View Post
    As has been said dozens of times to you, if you see illegal activity then report it. Trooper Cooper is checking every registered station in unit 7. Let me know if you need his number.

    Until then keep your constantly negative posts to yourself. I'm tiring of your double talk.
    Please Explain what Trooper Cooper can Do......? Really I really want to know what he can do, tell me.......? Your personal thoughts about me are your problem, deal with them. The Trooper can Do ZILCH, nothing, zero, nadda.

  10. #10
    Moderator Alaskacanoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sterling
    Posts
    1,450

    Default

    A picture is a thousand words.
    Nice job on the sign.
    Bears must like reading signs too. It seems every sign posted over the years gets visited by a bear and gets pulled off.
    a few years ago, I bungee corded my friends sign for him with 2 nice cords and also stapled to tree.
    it was laying on the ground a week later with marks from a bear visit.
    wind does pull some signs off, but bears or some other creature helps the signs off the tree's too..
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

    Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

  11. #11
    Member fishingyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskacanoe View Post
    A picture is a thousand words.
    Nice job on the sign.
    Bears must like reading signs too. It seems every sign posted over the years gets visited by a bear and gets pulled off.
    a few years ago, I bungee corded my friends sign for him with 2 nice cords and also stapled to tree.
    it was laying on the ground a week later with marks from a bear visit.
    wind does pull some signs off, but bears or some other creature helps the signs off the tree's too..
    Someone should make up a sign with a pic of a nice girly bear. Bears probally get Horney and hang around longer.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKF View Post
    As has been said dozens of times to you, if you see illegal activity then report it. Trooper Cooper is checking every registered station in unit 7. Let me know if you need his number.

    Until then keep your constantly negative posts to yourself. I'm tiring of your double talk.

    Does Trooper Cooper have special powers.......? If someone registers a station at mile 12 Hope Road, That station is somewhere in a (4) Four square mile area, that is (111,513,600 Square feet of space) Note: That 111 "Million" S.F. of wilderness. I will bet my life that there is no way in hell for Trooper Cooper to find even a large fraction of the "Registered" Legal Bait Stations.

    "Trooper Cooper is checking every registered station in unit 7" Yea right, in your dreams.

  13. #13
    Member ProHunterAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting Frogs and Skeeters
    Posts
    851

    Default

    AGL your thread is <----- way please stop "baiting" my thread as you did not register to "bait" (AKA TROLL) this area and I may have to get a trooper involved /end sarcasm

    Kinda tired of seeing many "quality" threads **** on by you attempting to troll. If you are really that unhappy about things GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.. stop being a lookie lou.

    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

  14. #14
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blasterak View Post
    Nice sign, mine just says "Caution black bear bait site ahead" with a picture of a bear on it. Ziplocked and stapled to a tree.
    I took 7 of them from F&G in Palmer and along with my registration, had them laminated at UPS in Meadow Lakes for $13. They staple nicely to the trees
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    AGL your thread is <----- way please stop "baiting" my thread as you did not register to "bait" (AKA TROLL) this area and I may have to get a trooper involved /end sarcasm

    Kinda tired of seeing many "quality" threads **** on by you attempting to troll. If you are really that unhappy about things GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.. stop being a lookie lou.
    Is that your FINAL answer........? And You DO NOT own the threads that you start...................So SORRY.

  16. #16
    Member ProHunterAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting Frogs and Skeeters
    Posts
    851

    Default

    but AGL when you spew your worthless ramblings about illegal stations and you ***** and gripe that people dont "fix it" yet YOU ARE CONTRIBUTING TO THE PROBLEM BY NOT REPORTING THEM... I have no sympathy for you! Either PUT UP or SHUT UP I am sick of seeing you act like a PETA official crying over crap you can help fix. Every other **** post on this forum has you whining like a infant over the same stuff... you sound like broken record. I say the mods/admins just make a section of the forum dedicated to you.. or Hell even better... You want answers right? Then click this link and ASK THE PEOPLE YOU ARE GRIPING ABOUT http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ldlife-Trooper
    258Troll_spray.jpg

    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Hey kids play nice! before I send you two to your rooms for a time out LOL...

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    but AGL when you spew your worthless ramblings about illegal stations and you ***** and gripe that people dont "fix it" yet YOU ARE CONTRIBUTING TO THE PROBLEM BY NOT REPORTING THEM... I have no sympathy for you! Either PUT UP or SHUT UP I am sick of seeing you act like a PETA official crying over crap you can help fix. Every other **** post on this forum has you whining like a infant over the same stuff... you sound like broken record. I say the mods/admins just make a section of the forum dedicated to you.. or Hell even better... You want answers right? Then click this link and ASK THE PEOPLE YOU ARE GRIPING ABOUT http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ldlife-Trooper
    258Troll_spray.jpg
    Sorry, I was just "BAITING" you. I am sorry. I have decided to take my efforts elsewhere. However I am not leaving this Forum. I am just taking my case to people who care.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Sorry, I was just "BAITING" you. I am sorry. I have decided to take my efforts elsewhere. However I am not leaving this Forum. I am just taking my case to people who care.
    Good because i can assure you nobody on this forum cares what you say. However, I here that mushers can be on the crazy side of things so, go their!

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caseymarre View Post
    Good because i can assure you nobody on this forum cares what you say. However, I here that mushers can be on the crazy side of things so, go their!
    Hehehehehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •