Thread: Free geese......wolves are eating them, so free geese.

Default Free geese......wolves are eating them, so free geese.

Free Geese, for dog training, your dinner table, guard your property, bear bait, whatever. Lost two geese to a single medium size wolf in the last two days. State Troopers want to fine me $300.00 each bird that is on the Hope Road right-of-way, because the neighbors dogs chase them off my property and onto the ROW. So Free geese. normally $45.00 each, but now free.

Shoot the Dogs, snare the Wolf..... save the Geese

A Goose saved is a Goose earned.....
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

stranger has the answer!!
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    stranger has the answer!!
    You know what happens when you shoot someones dog, next is humans shooting humans. Do you know what happens if I snare the wolf in May.....? It is DLP, I have to skin the wolf, clean the skull, and fill out the paper work. I am shocked that the dog owners haqve not lined up.....but o'well

AGL,
    You seem to be having a problem with the very animals I want to hang on my wall. PM me and I think we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone (pun intended)
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Then snare the Dogs too and fill in the hole insted of the paperwork.........~~LOL!~~ Just kiding....sorta...

Shuks, AGL4now, I see your plight........... just suggesting some tryed and true methods Ive used, to great effect

fer sure, Id have a talk with the neighbors 'bout them dogs.

Sounds like you are having some serious canine issues out there hope you get it worked out and stop losing geese to them.

That stinks we still have till the 31st up here for wolves..

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    You know what happens when you shoot someones dog, next is humans shooting humans. Do you know what happens if I snare the wolf in May.....? It is DLP, I have to skin the wolf, clean the skull, and fill out the paper work. I am shocked that the dog owners haqve not lined up.....but o'well
    How is snaring a wolf in May a DLP?
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
    He is in unit 7. The wolf trapping season closed on March 31 and the wolf hunting season closed on April 30.

When you take a predator outside of an established hunting/trapping season it is DLP. Or it a game violation. And since his geese are free range the Troopers would see him at fault and fine him for allowing the geese for drawing the wolf into the situtation. He looses no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    He is in unit 7. The wolf trapping season closed on March 31 and the wolf hunting season closed on April 30.

When you take a predator outside of an established hunting/trapping season it is DLP. Or it a game violation. And since his geese are free range the Troopers would see him at fault and fine him for allowing the geese for drawing the wolf into the situation. He looses no matter what.
    You can't tell "AlaskanOutdoorsman" anything. He thinks he is smart, he thinks he knows answers, when in point of fact he does NOT even grasp the Questions. O'Gee if he disagrees with my thinking then he must be a "TROLL". Hehehehehe.........

I take it you live in hope? I'll talk to my paw when he gets home and see if he wants a wolf....er....some geese.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    I take it you live in hope? I'll talk to my paw when he gets home and see if he wants a wolf....er....some geese.
    Thank you, and I live 9 miles out of Hope, Alaska in lovely Sunrise, Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Thank you, and I live 9 miles out of Hope, Alaska in lovely Sunrise, Alaska.
    It'll be probably sunday or monday before I get back on here, starting tonight, we are starting planting everything (couple acres of strawberries, acre of corn, some cucumbers, brocoli Ect...)

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
    What do you expect from a goat farmer from Anchorage, err Hope...
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Dad said he doesn't want to drive that far, and he grew up with geese and grew to have a dis like for them, kinda like me and chickens!

you should not discuss it on here ,,,and do what needs to be done...Youve just convicted yourself if you do anything now.....SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes, I always keep my predator control rather hush hush

I started my "Predator Control" program when I got married........