Thread: taxidermist for BB rug or 3/4 mount

Default taxidermist for BB rug or 3/4 mount

Asking the brain trust for help.... spent a lot of time, $$ and climbing to take my bear and I dont want to have a less than perfect job. Not concerned about price... someone reccommended Philip Soucy but he's seems to be more of a cat guy. Any help much appreciated...

Thxs R

I'd recommend the guy who did my wife's bear but the shipping would be $$$. Maybe those guys on Mounted in Alaska and you could get a cameo walk-on.

Give Rich Hamilton at Browtine Taxidermy a call. His black bear rugs and half life size mounts are the best that I have seen. 907-488-4778

I have used Foster's taxidermy several times and have been very pleased each time.

I just picked up my elk from Foster's and he did an awesome job. I haven't yet figured out how to post pictures so can't do it. While there I saw a full body brown bear and some black and brown bear rugs. You really should stop and look at his place before deciding!

Quote Originally Posted by norsehunter View Post
    I'd recommend the guy who did my wife's bear but the shipping would be $$$. Maybe those guys on Mounted in Alaska and you could get a cameo walk-on.

I did that mount. Looks like a quality mount.

Nothing worse than a poor job...

Quote Originally Posted by Robertesq1 View Post
    Asking the brain trust for help.... spent a lot of time, $$ and climbing to take my bear and I dont want to have a less than perfect job. Not concerned about price... someone reccommended Philip Soucy but he's seems to be more of a cat guy. Any help much appreciated...

Thxs R
    I suggest that you call Tundra Tanning and Taxidermy. Great people, I believe all their bear work is done in state.
    -Caleb-