Thread: Tubing diameter for rocket launchers

Default Tubing diameter for rocket launchers

I'm thinking of picking up some tubing to fab a rocket launcher. I'm planning to use 304 ss, 1" for the cross bar, but not sure what dia to use for the rod holders. I'd like to go 1 1/2" thin wall, but am thinking that I'll have to go to 2" to clear all my rod grips.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

I believe that mine have an ID of 1 9/16''. I can check next time I am down at the boat. You might just bring a rod with you to AK Steel and see what works.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I'm going to get the tubing through DowlandBach, I'll have to see what dia's they have. When I made rodholders around my splashwell I used a 1 5/8" holesaw, which seems to be about the right dia.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Make sure to put a pin at the bottom of the tube or the frame of the reel get messed up big time. I learned that the hard way.

I used alum, and it was 1 1/2 pipe. that is 1.9 OD and is plenty large enough even for the halibut rods
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"