Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Air Drops

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    93

    Default Air Drops

    Has anyone here ever done any airdrops? What kind of protection did you use for the package? Right now there is still two feet or so of snow, so the impact should be pretty soft...... Still, lots of bubble wrap? Items would be mostly food, other misc, nothing fragile like eggs.

  2. #2

    Default

    5 gallon plastic buckets Packed as full as possible and duct tape the lids on...no special packing...and that is in rocky/grassy bowls for sheep hunting....tie a long visible streamer on them of survey tape. Put the metal handle inside the bucket for the drop and put it back on for the carry out.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Moderator stid2677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks Area
    Posts
    7,274

    Default

    Make sure any liquids are completely full, they will over pressure and burst if not. High visibility markings and streamer tape. Sure beat packing it all in, even dropped the raft.







    Have fun and don't get hit.








    Be safe

    Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

  4. #4
    New member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    What about air dropping Fuel for a wheeler. Anyone ever done that?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Semi-retired in Florida
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by outnaboutnak View Post
    Has anyone here ever done any airdrops? What kind of protection did you use for the package? Right now there is still two feet or so of snow, so the impact should be pretty soft...... Still, lots of bubble wrap? Items would be mostly food, other misc, nothing fragile like eggs.
    Evan the eggs will withstand an air drop if you breake them into an olive jar. They will stay separated, and they WON'T get mixed.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Great replies. Thank you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •