Thread: ATV Fishing the Interior

Default ATV Fishing the Interior

Hey all just found out that I will have access to a 4-wheeler all summer and would love to get out to some more remote type fishing here in the interior. Not picky about species and much prefer C&R or high limit fishing to monster-questing. Have only ridden a few times and the 4-wheeler is on loan so I don't want anything too crazy ride wise but not afraid to mix it up with mother nature either. I have the whole summer off (God bless being a teacher in AK) so time is not to much of an issue.

Current thoughts are Minto Flats and Denali Highway but don't know where/how to attack those and would welcome any other suggestions.

Thanks as always for your time and glad to see the greatest forum in the world picking up speed again.

North Pole

There are many options along the Denali Hwy and they are well chronicled on this website. One of my favs is Butte Lake. It's a 5 mile ATV ride from mile 40 (it's in the milepost). All above the treeline with some nice views of Mt Deborah/Hess. I caught my first trophy certificate fish at this lake when I was 14. Trail in can be very muddy but negotiable. Beavers always like to play their games, too...there was a pond one year where the trail should have been.
    Last edited by AF EOD; 05-10-2011 at 21:07. Reason: fat fingers...
    "Live that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Show respect to all and grovel to none. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."