Thread: Copper River Rectangle Shaped Nets

Default Copper River Rectangle Shaped Nets

2010 was my first year on the Chitina, or anywhere dipnetting for that matter. We dipped from a boat, at the bottom of the canyon. We were there in mid-July, just in time for the first supplemental, and we did quite well. All our nets were on 8-10 foot poles, and were in the 3-foot diameter category.

We observed numerous nets that were more rectangular shaped, and not by accident. A couple of boats, that's all they had. These nets seemed to work better because of increased bottom-contact area.

I'm sure someone knows what I am talking about. It seemed that all these nets belonged to people from FBX, but I could be mistaken.

So, where does one get their hands on these nets? There is a possibility of 3-5 orders.

Thanks,

Beau

Default Now With a Diagram

So, I am still trying to figure out where I can get my hands on one, possibly 3-5, of these nets. It seems they have to be produced by someone willing to sell them. We witnessed too many of them, in too many different groups for it to just be something homemade.

Here is a diagram, that better shows what I am talking about. All dimensions are approximate, based only on my keen powers of observation and sense of scale. It's upside down, as are the dimensions, but you get the idea.

Chitina Dipnet.jpg

Any info would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Beau
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't know who makes those, but there are some links to net manufacturers at the bottom of my Dipnetting Links page:

http://home.gci.net/~reetz/DipnettingLinks.htm#Vendors

~tr

you can buy them at B&J's in anchorage...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....