Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to get Yamaha outboards

Default where to get Yamaha outboards

I am shopping for 2 yamaha 150 outboards for a 27' glacier craft. I would love to buy local but I believe there has to be better deals somewhere else. Anyone know if this place exists,......cheap yamaha outboard land.

This is who I use as a do it yourselfer http://www.lmmarine.net/pages/OemParts

Not sure how shipping to AK plays in but worth the call

Quote Originally Posted by overtime View Post
    I am shopping for 2 yamaha 150 outboards for a 27' glacier craft. I would love to buy local but I believe there has to be better deals somewhere else. Anyone know if this place exists,......cheap yamaha outboard land.
    did you try the gear shed in Homer... ask for Sandy Crane 1 800 478 8612

Kachemak gearshed is not the Yamaha dealer anymore in Homer. ?? Lower peninsula power sports is the business name I think.

Dewys in Anchorage? You may have a tough time finding them given the situation in Japan. If you find them, snap them up!

Good luck! I've been told by several dealers down south that Japan has stopped production alltoghether!

In Anchorage it's Dewy's, Your not going to get best deal this time of year (unless they have last years model's etc) but they are fair in price. You also have Homer, and I think Yamaha in the valley sells them. Besides that, is lower 48 and shipping em up..

As Ruger01 says though, Japan has a couple of other pressing issues to focus on right now. I wanted to pick up a 20hp for a zodiac and had to settle for the last 15 because they have no idea when Japan will be shipping.

Just a thought too, if you buy outside, you may not get the best service if you ever need it. I personally have never had the issue since my Yamaha's need very little, but at this time of year, if you need service, you want it turned around quickly... again, just a thought.

Good luck.
    Tony

River and Sea Marine in Soldatna sells Yamaha outboards. Don't know about their prices.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

Personally I was worried about the service more than brand or price, after researching for several months I ended up buying a 20hp for my zodiac from dewys. the price was fair and they seemed the most helpful and honest. just my .02

I've had yamaha's for several years... only one gave me any trouble.. but it was on warranty.... however, that's where the irritation began... here in the valley you have Dewey's in Anchorage and South Shore Marina at Big lake... Turn around repair time is 3 more like 4 weeks to get anything done.... a big chunk out of our short boating season...!!! I don't think any other make/model is going to be any different... I just wanted to belly ache a little...

What about Anchorage Yamaha? I thought they worked on outboards but do they also sell them?

Thanks for the replies, I will check locally but I won't deny a great deal out of state.

Anyone know anything about the new Yamaha XCA 225's?

2 strokes. Poor choice IMO.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by overtime View Post
    Anyone know anything about the new Yamaha XCA 225's?
    THe new offshore series sure look good. They are lighter and supposed to be more efficient. The 225s are not offered with a 30'' shaft. I like having the power heads that much further from the salt. I seriously doubt that any of these ''new generation'' yammies will be available this year due to what is happening in Japan right now.

I've never seen a 27' or smaller GC setup w/ anything but a 25" CET due to the floor substructure height.
    Are there some setup for 30"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kidless View Post
    I've never seen a 27' or smaller GC setup w/ anything but a 25" CET due to the floor substructure height.
    Are there some setup for 30"?
    Good question. I don't know the answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    What about Anchorage Yamaha? I thought they worked on outboards but do they also sell them?
    Anchorage Yamaha Marine is the local Suzuki dealer, go figure that out? That said, they are one of the best marine shops in town, super guys to deal with, and overtime might want to consider a pair of Suzuki 140's or 175's. Love my zuki 140.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Anchorage Yamaha Marine is the local Suzuki dealer, go figure that out? That said, they are one of the best marine shops in town, super guys to deal with, and overtime might want to consider a pair of Suzuki 140's or 175's. Love my zuki 140.
    Will they work on Yamaha's or do they really not have anything to do with Yamaha outboards? Like you said...Go Figure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast