Thread: Bear baiting dreams? Good, bad.. or just plain crazy

Default Bear baiting dreams? Good, bad.. or just plain crazy

So figured I would toss this topic out there after last nights dream I had.

How many of you have had hunting or bear baiting in general dreams during the start of the season.

My dream last night consisted of me waking up to the sounds of a black bear hitting my bait site (except my site in the dream was in my front yard (we can all wish cant we lol). I ended up taking a 350lb spring blackie with about 30 neighbors outside looking at what all the racket was.

so question in point here is.. How many of you are able to admit that you too have had a hunting related dream. And if so what was the outcome and did it effect your actual hunting site. (good omen or what ever you want to call it).

lets hear em.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

My dreams always consist of being chased by brown bears. 14 to one in our area! Yikes
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Jess maybe you should shower after making all those scent balls... haha thats prob why they want to chase you

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

I do, and they have turned out successful both times it happened. I had a dream of shooting my first bull moose the night before I shot it, and had a dream of shooting my buffalo the night before I shot him. I feel it's a good thing, but if you have one like Jess, I would stay out of the woods for a long time, lol.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Hopefully my dream leads to my 1st spring blackie over bait. Really stoked about it honestly especially since I will be with friends on this hunt

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    Jess maybe you should shower after making all those scent balls... haha thats prob why they want to chase you
    Who needs cover scent when you make the bait in huge quantities. I could probably sit a station with no scent lures, just the clothes I'm wearing.
    What most people don't know is... I have a HUGE fear of bears, but have come to respect them more so than ever.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    So figured I would toss this topic out there after last nights dream I had.

question in point here is.. How many of you are able to admit that you too have had a hunting related dream. And if so what was the outcome and did it effect your actual hunting site. (good omen or what ever you want to call it).

lets hear em.
    I have caribou hunting dreams frequently. I'm always on my four wheeler and usually it gets stuck or breaks down somehow and makes me miss my chance at a shot. I hate those dreams.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

They certainly seem real/familiar.....
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Yah mine was my bait site but instead of being 120 miles away it was in my front yard. I hope i have the same outcome this weekend

Default My dreams are about squashed

Today the same employer that's ruined my bear baiting season 3 years in a Row has told me I will be leaving Monday for 3 weeks to up to 3 months to do a project for the pipeline. So if anyone on here knows of any slope openings for rotational shifts I'm looking for a new job. I am a tank cleaner/truck driver supersucker and vac truck operator. time to get my hunting seasons back! It's pretty bad when I've spent lots of time and money to set up 2 stands that will probablly be a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    Today the same employer that's ruined my bear baiting season 3 years in a Row has told me I will be leaving Monday for 3 weeks to up to 3 months to do a project for the pipeline. So if anyone on here knows of any slope openings for rotational shifts I'm looking for a new job. I am a tank cleaner/truck driver supersucker and vac truck operator. time to get my hunting seasons back! It's pretty bad when I've spent lots of time and money to set up 2 stands that will probablly be a waste.
    Man that sucks sorry hope you can find what your looking for

Yoda if your interested in looking at other options contact me; I may be able to help.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Yoda with my current body condition I may end up in your boat as well. Looking at a double knee surgery in the near future which will make me unable to do my current job to the standard.

on the positive side though Hunter, as I said before you are more than welcome to jump on my stand if its getting hits before yours does.

VERY WEIRD! I had my first and only (I guess so far) detailed bear baiting dream last night! Long story short, me and my hunting partner ended up with two blacks and a moose in one fell swoop right at dark. I know... keep dreaming.