Thread: Will this help a leggy tomato plant?

Default Will this help a leggy tomato plant?

A Sweet 100 that I am going to plant outdoors 1st of June. (3 weeks)
    Was thinking this would give it allot of root to grow fast & see if I can get some ripe cherry toms from it.
    It i a little leggy, so decided to try to use "leggy" for some advantage.

Not sure what you are really asking, but I always bury my tomato plants up to the third set of leaves (just like in your picture). To me, more root = more moisture / nutrients / etc the plant has available to set fruit.
    I do have to say I have never had a plant as leggy as the one in your picture.

Well I started some early & put several in the Green house. This one I just couldn't throw away & figured I try it outside in the garden.
    Figured it may get a bunch of roots started & give it a chance outside here. Have yet to get good ripe tomatoes in the garden but not because I haven't tried for years. This is a SW 100, maybe it will be the one.
    Like you, I believe more roots is a good thing. Will plant 1st of June, give it a chance anyway.
    Gotta try & have fun experimenting, knowing the one in the GH will out perform it 10 fold.

Plants buried like that in studies have fruited earlier and more heavily than traditionally grown tomatoes.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

It will be interesting to see how that one turns out for you....