Thread: Last Weekend in PWS

Question Last Weekend in PWS

How was the water last weekend? Just curious. Had a chance to go out, but elected (by the wife) to do chores at home instead.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Fantastic! Spent Thursday through Sunday way south. The gulf was as flat as it gets.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Spent Friday thru Sunday on the water out of Valdez. Good Fishing, Bad Shrimping, Good Seas.

Would you like me to tell you it was awful, so you don't feel bad about missing a great weekend in PWS??? Took the boat to Cordova from Whittier and back. Left on Thursday and got back in time to deliver fresh shrimp for Mother's day. The waters were calm. The halibut hole turned into the cod hole over the winter apparently. A great weekend on the water.

Saw the fast ferry go by and was wondering if I could take my boat underneath it. Figured I would hit my attena so I passed on the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Fantastic! Spent Thursday through Sunday way south. The gulf was as flat as it gets.
    I hate you....

The only real waves I saw on Saturday where caused by an avalanche I saw come down a mountain in the back of blackstone bay. Shrimping was okay and the boat did not sink so great weekend.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    I hate you....
    You are not the only one, so get in line!

Actually you don't need to "hate" Spoiled One, you should hate his wife, the Golden Goose!!!!

I figured as such. Glad somebody had fun.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Fell behind on preppin the boat, but had alot of nice weather this weekend to finish it up. In retrospect, think I would rather have worked on it in the rain and enjoyed the fruits of labor on glass waters. This weeks planned trip got blown away with the high winds. (rather have fishin buddies them chummers) On the wife part... hmm.. well at least ya get the chance to play, "say my Name!" or Whosyerdaddy?"! jus sayin..

Quote Originally Posted by Doug from Anchorage View Post
    How was the water last weekend? Just curious. Had a chance to go out, but elected (by the wife) to do chores at home instead.
    It was my first time out of whittier, well the first time on the ocean by myself ever... and it was awesome. I made it to the end of blackstone with my zodiac. Not too well on the fishing part but I will learn i suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    It was my first time out of whittier, well the first time on the ocean by myself ever... and it was awesome. I made it to the end of blackstone with my zodiac. Not too well on the fishing part but I will learn i suppose...

You probably did as well as can be expected where you were. I've generally found you have to head well out in the sound to get into good fishing.

That said, boating out of Whittier when the weather cooperates is always a good time.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Great trip Saturday, if a bit bumpy going out. The ten nautical mile tow of the guy who hadn't yet mounted his kicker put a damper on things at the end of the day, though. Not a good way to end the day with two tired toddlers on board...

Quote Originally Posted by polardds View Post
    Actually you don't need to "hate" Spoiled One, you should hate his wife, the Golden Goose!!!!
    Now I hate him even more.......not really

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    Now I hate him even more.......not really

What can I say? I married up!

Don't hate the player.. hate the game!