Thread: Deep Creek boat launch?

Default Deep Creek boat launch?

Been a few years since we launched anything at Deep Creek. I do remember they had a boat launch there and you could use it at high tide.
    Do they still have the launch? What shape is it in? Been considering launching the jet boat there and then just beaching it on the side of the creek until the tides change so we could go back out.
    Tennessee

The flood fall of '02' took it out. It was rebuilt spring of '03' I believe. It is still there and used very infrequently. I personelly prefer the ramp at Ninilchik....less hassle w fisherman and they been dredging from the harbor mouth out so there is a nice in/out.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

How do you reach the ramp at Ninilchik?
    Is it an auctual ramp where you can launch yourself or is it a tractor launch?

Because I am NOT paying to tractor launch.
    Tennessee

It is at the north end of the campground on Deep Creek. It was in great shape last fall.

Was at the Ninilchik river harbor this aftnn. They are currently dredging the harbor and crk mouth. The Ninilchik's concrete for the ramp got blown out with the 02 flood also and was never replaced. The 'spot' where it was is still there, its just not perfectly graded. (Its gravel). If u are launching a lite boat it will work fine. The ramp is about 200 yds above the harbor, just b4 the river heads away from the ocean. The Dp Drk launch ramp is concrete and is in good shape. Its location is in the state park area along the beach. Just go right past the tractor launch about 300 yds into the park. U cant miss it.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!