Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairbanks Blackie Situation/Post Pics!!!!!!

Default Fairbanks Blackie Situation/Post Pics!!!!!!

I actually been baiting on the Yukon for nearly 5 years. My earliest hit has been 16 May in the last 5 years. Im totally stoked for this season going to go up and set up a bear camp from 23 May -1 June and maybe do sopme pike fishin depending on river conditions. Anyways like always paitence is a virtue got bait set up last weekend with a new hunting partner and he also is pretty excited the new Mathhews z7 is tuned and is ready to go full draw.Im using 907 baitem products this year I work with Steve on the slope and he is a hella of a guy so im sure his products he and his wife make will not be a dissappointment.Me personally hoping that cinnamon phase is still in the shadows.

Good luck and post pics of Fairbanks area bears. I will buy a drink for the first bear posted and the biggest of the year.

Please update this. post when you guys around Fairbanks get hit.

Big 27, Tim
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Tim,
    I've heard a lot about you. Thank you for the kind words and best of luck with your season!
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Got our bait up and running, iffy looking stand in place, camera up, freshened up the bait last weekend. Hope for some action soon! Maybe pics next week....??

Hopefully Steve didn't tell any fibs lol.Congrats on sportsmans contract.
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Tim, I still have the smell of blueberry and anise stuck in my nose from setting the bait this past weekend, that baitem907 can sure make you hungry too! I can hardly sleep to think about what might come visit before the chance to get back out to check the pics. I will keep you posted when I can make it back out.

Terry

Terry
    Sounds good buddy I would try to go up weekend of the 20-21st to check them I feel that would be a good time based in conditions.I hear ya when I got home I was craving blueberry pancakes but maybe trays just an excuse. No doubt should be a exciting season I'm looking forward to it see you soon.

I hope I can get the first bear up here. Having a beer and making new friends are 2 of my favorite things. I will definetly be posting any pics I get from my stand. Besides, momma always said: "it's always nice to share".
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Fish and Game said they sealed a black bear yesterday, only one they've had so far though...

This will be my second year. I think I've got a better spot lined out this year. Scoped it out last weekend but couldn't quite get down in there because of snow. Picked up 50lbs of popcorn, some jello and some anise today. If I can get my act together I might be able to set bait sunday. The wifey got us snookered into something on saturday so I can't make it out but need to pop the corn anyway. Realistically it'll probably be next weekend for me.

Was hit early on the 12th. Pretty sure it was a black bear from the fur/hair left on the barrel. Camera didnt flash so no pics this time around...hoping for better luck next time

My sons Station South of Fairbanks, was cleaned out this week. He does not have a camera yet, perhaps the old man will get him one.
    squab (probably of Scandinavian descent; skvabb, meaning "loose, fat flesh") is a young domestic pigeon or its meat

40 miles up the E-Hwy - must have been a dozen trucks and trailers yesterday afternoon. Do you baiters not try to get away from each other? Does it help everyone to have a bunch of stands on the same ridge? I'm curious about the dynamic of hunting in a crowd...

Also.... saw a couple of guys standing on the side of the road by a van, so I stopped, rolled down the window, and cheerfully asked if they'd seen any bears. I think they must have been growing pot up on the hill or something because they said they weren't hunting - but they were covered in dirt and there were flower pots visible in the open door of the van. So you fellows be careful out there... could be some booby traps on the ridge above the highway (in that same stretch of road).
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Skinny D,

Hunting pressure absolutely effects success if you have 10 stands in 5 square miles for instance bears have lots of options there is plenty of supply.In areas where they are very few stands a bear usually will hang up on your stand as long as you keep the barrel resupplied.It's like any other hunting in Alaska where logistics are involved means less people and more animals.The extra mile makes all the difference especially when gas prices are high.

I had a bear hit my stand on May 9th while I was still in the area and baiting my buddies stand (yes me made it legal, so stop questioning me people). If u look at the time stamps, it was 5 minutes after I left to go get something and he left and came back after we left again. Kinda creepy. My buddy Shot the same bear May 17th. That is insane!

SUNP0011.jpgSUNP0012.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jcorwin4278 View Post
    I had a bear hit my stand on May 9th while I was still in the area and baiting my buddies stand (yes me made it legal, so stop questioning me people). If u look at the time stamps, it was 5 minutes after I left to go get something and he left and came back after we left again. Kinda creepy. My buddy Shot the same bear May 17th. That is insane!

SUNP0011.jpgSUNP0012.jpg
    thats a cool way how to hang a barrel, I like it. question? where is thats bears mother?

Quote Originally Posted by FullFreezer View Post
    thats a cool way how to hang a barrel, I like it. question? where is thats bears mother?
    LOL!!! It is small, but neither one of us had ever taken a bear. It is a chocolate phase and he now has his first bear. From this point on we will be looking for the big ones.

I had been waiting for a report from you guys and I'm tickled to see there's a bear out in this neck of the woods. It'll make the gas seem less wasted when I go looking every evening. Congratulations!
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    I had been waiting for a report from you guys and I'm tickled to see there's a bear out in this neck of the woods. It'll make the gas seem less wasted when I go looking every evening. Congratulations!
    Thanks Skinny!!! Like I said it isnt huge, still is our first one ever. What I was more impressed with is the fact that the bear was on my stand after 5 mins of me leaving. He left again 49 secs before I returned to finish my bait and never left. Now I just need to see another one so I can have my turn!

My stand on the Yukon was cleaned out checked today. Anybody seeing any rubbed bears that hunts up that way seemed to be an early spring then usual.I am going up mid week to hunt for a week will post pics later if we get one. I have a grizzly to contend with and a few nice blacks hitting should be good as long as it doesn't get any warmer.

Default The regulars

blackie.jpgblack 2 - Copy.jpg

I think this may be a Sow with an older cub. Any ideas?
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast