Thread: It's fishing season...

Default It's fishing season...

...and all I can say is THANK GOD!

I fished Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this weekend, and caught at least 30 trout and grayling... Thank god it's fishing season. It was a long winter...

Where's the smiley for 'complete and utter contentment'?

Right on man we did the same after you left also seen some 20+ inchers cruse next to our feet. All nymphs
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    Right on man we did the same after you left also seen some 20+ inchers cruse next to our feet. All nymphs
    Those cruisers seem pretty disinterested in everything I ever throw at them. I have gotten a few to hit small (size 18) dries before, but nothing else. It doesn't make sense to me... Fish can act goofy this time of year sometimes :-S

I think its due to the urge to spawn and looking for moving water, they still have the instinct to do it even though the are sterile.

Fusion, Cube

Wife just completed her first fly fishing lesson with Pudge and I think maybe she now has the bug, no pun intended! I have been lookng for some calm begginer waters for her to strat. We have been to a few local anchorage lakes this week but with no success. Most likely due to my abilities. Thought with your recent successful weekend, you would piont me in the right direction. Saw that fusion's kids were catching some nice fish, and well I hope that I could get my wife to catch a fish this weekend. Not looking for any secrets, just a direction, north, south, highway accessible? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TGJ

Quote Originally Posted by TGJ View Post
    Fusion, Cube

Wife just completed her first fly fishing lesson with Pudge and I think maybe she now has the bug, no pun intended! I have been lookng for some calm begginer waters for her to strat. We have been to a few local anchorage lakes this week but with no success. Most likely due to my abilities. Thought with your recent successful weekend, you would piont me in the right direction. Saw that fusion's kids were catching some nice fish, and well I hope that I could get my wife to catch a fish this weekend. Not looking for any secrets, just a direction, north, south, highway accessible? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TGJ
    TGJ,

Hit the Kepler Bradley lakes out near Palmer. Theres usually plenty of opportunities to catch fish in there. As long as the wind isn't howling like it has been, it should be some pretty calm water. Here is a publication that can get you started as well, lots of good info here:

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static-sf...MatSuLakes.pdf

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TGJ View Post
    Fusion, Cube

Thanks

TGJ
    TGJ - PM me and I'll send you some info.

What Bigcox said, alot of great oppurtunities in that complex. Shoot me a pm on exactly what you want to know

hey you two.............stop telling secrets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go tie some fly's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get off the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By the way 900 I got your my flys from the swap, I liked how you put that paper on the hook, not like I could tie that hting but it was nice to know what was in it so if I want to try.

TGJ- get a map or some thing of the stocked lakes in the valley, and then google map them or some thing for directions to get there.........then bust out the float tube and hit the gravle bars. You and your wife wont go wrong, but make sure you take a little bit of every thing when it comes to flies because bows can act funny this time of year. I usually find any thing with a little bit of red works good, but that is just me. If you want to know more ask CUBE........he lives on the lake though he has been spotted on the kenai with power bait and a spinner! LOL 900 has good info as well as most of the people on here that are nice enough to help you out, good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    hey you two.............stop telling secrets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go tie some fly's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get off the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By the way 900 I got your my flys from the swap, I liked how you put that paper on the hook, not like I could tie that hting but it was nice to know what was in it so if I want to try.

If you want to know more ask CUBE........he lives on the lake though he has been spotted on the kenai with power bait and a spinner!
    Agreed, I'm gonna start doing that paper on the hook thing in swaps from now on... Pretty good idea 900.

As for the powerbait and spinner... We all know that's not true. Coming from you though, I'm surprised you'd bring something like that up...

I think that's the Kenai even!

Quote Originally Posted by cube01 View Post
    Agreed, I'm gonna start doing that paper on the hook thing in swaps from now on... Pretty good idea 900.

As for the powerbait and spinner... We all know that's not true. Coming from you though, I'm surprised you'd bring something like that up...

I think that's the Kenai even!

LOL hmmm well I have to admit that is pretty good, guess I should have let sleeping dogs lie.

bahaha way to bust him cube.

Quote Originally Posted by fishak24 View Post
    bahaha way to bust him cube.

In all fairness to my buddy Kenaibowfan, here is the original image, before any untruthful comments about Cube01's use of spin gear were made.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joe.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	48883

haha thats funny. i knew the tackle on the left was fake but i didnt look close enough at the rod. There is the spinner in the boat though so it has to be true.

thank goodness for photoshop

if you look close enough the one in my lap still has the bar code on it!!!!!! LOL Yeah cube you out did your self on that one.........maybe you should have put a bobber on the line some were! LOL

I can't really say I am going to get even since I am the one who started it........but next time I will make sure I "cma" a little better......LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    if you look close enough the one in my lap still has the bar code on it!!!!!! LOL Yeah cube you out did your self on that one.........maybe you should have put a bobber on the line some were! LOL

I can't really say I am going to get even since I am the one who started it........but next time I will make sure I "cma" a little better......LOL
    You must have just went out and bought that rod huh? ... It's nice. How much you pay for it?? L:-P

How'd you do yesterday? I really don't like when the fish are all spawning like that - every idiot who thinks he knows how to fish is down there casting (very badly) at them... Did you see those two ladies in the tubes? Or should I say HEAR them? You could hear their line splashing in the water on every cast. LOL.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

oh shut the F up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you know how much it was....it was your rod I was using, mines in the rode holder on the side remember D! It's right there in the pic!!!!!!!!! LOL

I did ok, not sure how many I caught, but I was surprised to see that some of the fish were eating eggs. I didn't think any of the fish in there spawned. Yeah I know what you mean I hade a guy pass right behind me a few times........who trolls from a float tube???? Not only that but the people in that canoe with the little girl that kept crying started getting on my nerves, not to mention all the other people standing at the access made it hard to get out but atl east they dind't complain or get nasty about me pulling out. I was surprised to see all the fish over there though.......usually they hang out around gravel.

Special thanks to cube01! I know this is a bit late, but has been a while since I visited the site. Cube01 dialed me into a fishing hole that produced my first 2011 fish as well as the wife's first ever on fly. Thanks Much Cube! I believe my with your assistance, I have created a montser. The wife spent last weekend reading regulations and traveling the peninsula with her fly rod trying to catch a

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0958.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	49541 fish while I was out hunting. She is full force now! No pic's of the her first fish but take a look at this laker and smile. She caught this with a home tied wet fly appropriatley called the meatcycle off the boat at Hidden Lake. 300 grain and at 15 foot depth. Thanks again Cube for the tip a few weeks ago.

Cheers

TGJ

sweet fish ive yet to catch a laker on a fly congrats to you and your wife!