Thread: My Wooldridge visit

Lightbulb My Wooldridge visit

I stopped last Wednesday at the Wooldridge factory on my way to Portland to speak with Glen about a boat I want, and toured the factory. I was glad to see that they had so many orders for new boats to be built, with the majority of them heading to Alaska. Made me think after wards that perhaps there should be a Wooldridge plant in Alaska!

One of the builds might have been mine. It is nice to see the folks there busy building boats. I stopped by to see Glen back in April about my new Sport Jet build, and had a great day visiting about boats and airplanes. It would be great to have a Wooldridge factory here in Alaska, definitely save us some money on shipping! What model Wooldridge are you considering?

Yeah XLSJ I'm sure I did see your boat there for I toured the whole factory. They even had a big offshore boat that Glen said was going to Russia!. The boat I'm looking for is one that would be mostly used for fishing the rivers, mostly the Kenai, for I live in Homer, and the Mat-Su valley rivers. Therefore I would need a boat that is powered by an outboard, and I would want to be able to switch the motors out. Use a 50hp motor for the Kenai, then use a 150hp-200hp motor with a jet pump for the other rivers. Glen an I talked about me getting a 20' Alaskan XL with a modified transom and a console steering with windshield and fold up-down canvas, plus other extras. I'm planning to be at the gathering at Susitna landing Memorial day weekend to check out other boats to see how they are setup, and talk with other guys about them then go from there.
    In case some of you guys want to know. It's about 2400 mile drive from Anchorage to south Seattle, the highway was only bad about 80-100 miles after the border crossing.

Great bunch of folks. I hauled my 93 Xtra Plus in there last month (I was in Washington at the time) and he re-welded areas under the floor at no charge! They do a great job of backing their products...

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RadFisher View Post
    Therefore I would need a boat that is powered by an outboard, and I would want to be able to switch the motors out. Use a 50hp motor for the Kenai, then use a 150hp-200hp motor with a jet pump for the other rivers.
    Maybe something along the lines of this?...........http://www.wooldridgeboats.com/catal...cts/alaskan-xl

Click on the video tab, then click Kenai River 50hp!