Thread: Burbot Movement

Question Burbot Movement

Does anyone know where the burbot are holding or moving this time of year? Are they leaving rivers like the Tanana as the ice goes out and heading into smaller creeks, sloughs or rivers? Any feedback is greatly appreciated....thanks.

Wow, 71 views and no responses.. Come on burbot fishermen, I know you are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    Wow, 71 views and no responses.. Come on burbot fishermen, I know you are out there.
    ?????????? what he said

My guess is that you find them near food sources, they have just spawned and are probably hungry. With breakup happening they will hold out in places and wait for food to come their way. Good luck!

Default Still there

They're still in the Tanana. I got a few little ones today:

http://www.troutnut.com/fly-fishing-...e-burbot-lines
    Jason
    http://www.troutnut.com -- Fly fishing photos & insect hatch encyclopedia.
    http://www.daltoncorridormap.com -- Exact 5-mile Haul Road corridor boundary for GPS & Google Earth

Shaw Creek confluence is a good location along the road side. Trooper reports usually as a couple folks getting "fishing without a liscense" at shaw creek during May, every year. Seems I always saw a couple peeps fishing there when I worked at Donnelly TA and drove the route everyday. I think I may try it soon for myself.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Shaw Creek confluence is a good location along the road side. Trooper reports usually as a couple folks getting "fishing without a liscense" at shaw creek during May, every year. Seems I always saw a couple peeps fishing there when I worked at Donnelly TA and drove the route everyday. I think I may try it soon for myself.
    I've driven by Shaw Creek a bazillion times, each time saying "I'd love to fish there for burbot", and 19 years later I still havent done it. Hey, why put off now what I can do next decade! Seriously though, I'm just a little peed off that the state has blocked off the road access going out to the tanana (by moose creek). Gotta walk a long way now... On the good side, that area has really been abused and littered, so maybe its a good thing. Funny, the location of the new gate is already shot up and littered with casings, glass, and everything else.... Maybe more routine patrolling is needed out there...

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    I've driven by Shaw Creek a bazillion times, each time saying "I'd love to fish there for burbot", and 19 years later I still havent done it. Hey, why put off now what I can do next decade! Seriously though, I'm just a little peed off that the state has blocked off the road access going out to the tanana (by moose creek). Gotta walk a long way now... On the good side, that area has really been abused and littered, so maybe its a good thing. Funny, the location of the new gate is already shot up and littered with casings, glass, and everything else.... Maybe more routine patrolling is needed out there...
    went to this stop today with no luck