Thread: Black or brown

Default Black or brown

2011 bears 2 007.jpg2011 bears 2 008.jpg
    Need a second opinion
    I checked my bait for the second time today and it was wiped out. I knew there was a brown workin it from the pics I got thursday but was wondering what you all think. If you look at the pic taken a little after 3am, just to the right of the white bucket you see a black shape that is blocking out the barrel. The second pic of the brown coming in on the trail is after 3:15 and if you look to the right of the bucket you can clearly see the barrel this time. My guess judging by the size of the shape is that its a small black bear that got spooked when the brown came in. This is the same brown I got pics of thursday and it didnt have cubs with it so i dont think its a brown cub. These are the only two pics I got that show anything. I set my camera farther back than normal this year and I think thats why I got such lousy pics. I moved it closer today will see if that helps. Who knows? its fun to try and guess. Curious to see what you all think.

the 907

I think you are right, there is a black and a brown working it.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Soldotna, ALASKA since '78

A little image enhancement usually helps.

Attachment 48696

Attachment 48695

Old CIA trick.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Since only 11 minutes passed between pics I'm inclined to think they are both the same bear...the brown. I believe he was laying by the barrel and his mass had it hidden as you can't even see it. But I could be wrong

Cool!!! thanks for the ehancement. terbear your probably right it is a smaller barrel though its a 30 gal.