Thread: Overdramatized bear baiting....

Default Overdramatized bear baiting....

Here's a clip I found on Youtube about bear baiting on national geographic somewhere down on the Kenai.

IMO the trooper TOTALLY blows the drama out of the water. But he's "just doing his job" so that's his business...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=618N11TzSWY

Sorry about the stupid advertisement.
    Last edited by pike_palace; 05-08-2011 at 09:16. Reason: adding statement
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I love reading the reviews on these types of videos that deal with hunting and reading all the idiots comments about how bad hunting is. Some people just dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Here's a clip I found on Youtube about bear baiting on national geographic somewhere down on the Kenai.

IMO the trooper TOTALLY blows the drama out of the water. But he's "just doing his job" so that's his business...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=618N11TzSWY

Sorry about the stupid advertisement.
    That is not down in Kenai that is my bait station two years ago in Unit 16 Haha wow so do they just go in their every year and fil my bait station? i feel so very honored!
    Casey Marre

Quote Originally Posted by caseymarre View Post
    That is not down in Kenai that is my bait station two years ago in Unit 16 Haha wow so do they just go in their every year and fil my bait station? i feel so very honored!
    Casey Marre
    Haha! Ain't you the lucky one, they must have a thing with your site if they keep using it to film. Might have to start charging nat geo some $$!

Quote Originally Posted by caseymarre View Post
    Casey Marre
    Really? I read it was on the kenai peninsula but I guess not.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Really? I read it was on the kenai peninsula but I guess not.
    No way, thats my bait station and its deffinetly not in Kenai. They filmmed on my stand and that was it. Crazy, I'm not even off a trail system and their is not four wheeler trail made by me to it. I dont know how he found it.

They must admire that fixed tree stand.. quite the condo.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

The replies on the you tube page below the video make my head hurt. People sure are quick to have opinions about things they know nothing about.

LMAO... I remember when this came out. Dan was only a wildlife trooper for a year or two at that point. He really loved being called "Hollywood" after the Nat Geo thing. If I recall, he was pretty much ordered by the higher ups to take part in the show, but that is second hand info. While the video mentions the Kenai, that's definately our local area in the N. Susitna valley and our local F&G officer.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Casey - because it's always clean and presentable, that's why!! LOL Thank God they choose to shed good light on baiting in that way.

It's a lung-burn to get to my bait, so I don't think I'll ever see them there. And I AM on the Kenai!!

Keep up the good work, bro! And change your handle to NatGeoBait'r.

Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    Casey - because it's always clean and presentable, that's why!! LOL Thank God they choose to shed good light on baiting in that way.

It's a lung-burn to get to my bait, so I don't think I'll ever see them there. And I AM on the Kenai!!

Keep up the good work, bro! And change your handle to NatGeoBait'r.

Taylor
    Thanks Marc! I have always done my best to make sere my sight represents good and ethical bear baiting. Unlike some, I care aboout my rights to hunt and do not abuse them.