Thread: What SDHC High-Speed Card ?

Default What SDHC High-Speed Card ?

Ok, I'm no expert in the memory card buying. So could someone tell me what is the best card to get ? I just bought a couple Kodak playsport ZX3's and the more I look at the cards the more confused I get. Between the 60x vs 100x cards ,SD vs SDHC and so on. Could someone give me the easy redneck explanation
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Roger, I love my ZX3 and this is what I am running. Haven't had any issues yet.

http://www3.pny.com/32GB-Professiona...P2964C442.aspx

Thanks Sam !! I have it in camo and mounting it on my Bow

SD is the original format and is limited to either 2GB or 4GB (I can't remember which). Anything larger than that has to be either SDHC or the latest, largest & fastest SDXC format. Most digital cameras available right now can't read or write to SDXC, so SDHC it is for us mere mortals.

60x or 100x is a speed rating which applies to how fast a device can read from the card. It's basically 60 (or whatever) times faster than some old slow memory device of yesteryear. The problem with the rating is it usually doesn't apply to how fast the card can be written to, just read from. Some of the more well known names gave up on the XXx method of speed rating because of so much lying hype, and if they mark their cards at all it will be with a number rating indicating how many gigabits per second your camera can actually write to the card. More info and specifics can be had by searching Wikipedia or some other online source.

Fast CF cards are still considerably faster than the SD variants that are available, and is one reason professional cameras generally continue to use CF cards.

Jim,

My ZX3 won't take a CF card. Do you have one that does? Mine is limited to the SD or SDHC

I definately prefer my CF card in my Canon cameras though.

375, I do have an old point & shoot that uses CF cards, but it's an ancient Canon G1. Didn't mean to imply that ZX3 owners should try to use them, I just have a hard time knowing when to stop typing. Sometimes I just get to rattling on & on. Just going and going and going, and never able to bring it to a conclusion. So you see, it's really just a personal issue, and one my wife has yet been able to cure. I suppose there is really a deep seated emotional issue that belies it all, and I'm just stuck in this endless loop, typing and typing and................

On another note, I do have an SD to CF card adapter that makes SD cards work in my Canon DSLR though. Too bad it doesn't go the other way. At one time I wanted to be able to use the newer and cheaper SD cards in my DSLR, but now I'm wishing to go back to the larger CF cards, because I keep loosing the little ones.

See? There I go again. Never knowing when...................

Glad I bought the card Sam said to get before reading this again as this "Mere mortal" would of been even more confused Thanks for the explanation Jim