Thread: FOUND - Black Lab or Black Lab mix

Default FOUND - Black Lab or Black Lab mix

Was at Wal Mart in Wasilla and a lab was running around the parking lot for some time, before coming into the store. I caught her (I think it's a her, haven't checked yet)...About 63-67lb. Built like a 'field' lab, and I would guess under 2 yrs of age..Looks to have had some obedience training. If you know anyone missing their dog, from that area...give a holler...She has a collar with tags as well...Will likely see if she has a micro chip tommorrow...

Cheers.
    Juli
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Okay..

female...has Matsu borough tag and home again tag...I tried the home again number and it did not work.
    my number is 907-715-4112
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

If it has a "Home Again" tag, call 888-466-3242 with the serial number on the tag and they will be able to contact the registered owner and/or the original owner's vet. The Home Again service is associated with a microchip, but you shouldn't have to get the chip scanned to notify them of a recovered dog.

Good luck!
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Juli,

Now that's scary to hear that the Home Again number doesn't work! One of my prized Brittanys carries one of their chips, and the other three have Avid chips. I'm going to call them right away to see what is going on with that! But you really should have a Vet or shelter scan that chip right away 'cause they can tell exactly who owns that dog and get them some relief from anguish immediately. Please do let us know what happens. Good for you to help this lost gal.

Jim

Juli,

OK, so I posted the above and then called Home Again. It works just fine...thank God!

Jim