Headed down to Deep Creek or Whiskey Gulch Saturday
Okay the marine forecast looks doable so I am going to head down to the Peninsula.
Depending on what vehicle I have access to I will be launching out of Whiskey Gulch or Deep Creek. The determining point is I may not have access to a 4wd and I plan to fish the incoming tide meaning you have to start south of the area you plan to fish. Can't do that at Deep Creek without a 4wd.
I also plan on bringing a drift sock or small bucket to make sure the wind is less of a factor than the more predictable current in drift direction.
If the forecast goes crazy, I'll float the Kenai with Mark Collett. But if its just a little too breezy, I will hang out in the area and hope it flattens out in the late afternoon like I have seen it so many times.
PM if you have any interest. Great to see people providing different options!!!!!!!!
COOK INLET NORTH OF KAMISHAK BAY AND ENGLISH BAY
400 PM AKDT FRI MAY 6 2011
.TONIGHT...SW WIND 15 KT. SEAS 3 FT.
.SAT...N WIND 10 KT. SEAS 2 FT.
.SAT NIGHT...VARIABLE WIND LESS THAN 10 KT. SEAS 2 FT.
.SUN...NE WIND 10 KT. SEAS 2 FT.
.SUN NIGHT THROUGH MON...NE WIND 15 KT. SEAS 3 FT.
Okay there are at least two of who are going to give it a go. meeting at the Deep Creek Campground at 2;30pm barring a bad marine forecast at 4am. Bad would be anything more than 15mph and 3 ft seas. IF that is the forecast, we are likely still going to go and check it out since we are going to try and hit the afternoon high tide and the inlet has a habit of dying down in the late afternoon...sometimes.
I'm in a maroon civic Si with a grey malibu mini-x. We are going to take the other person's truck south 3 to 5 miles and launch. We shouldnt' be too far from the beach. I can check and post from my mobile app so I will try to post again as conditions update. But as of right now it is a go for at least an attempt. You can try and PM me as well.
if the weather forecast so bad we don't want to even wait, the backup plan is to float the Kenai. Mark Collett posted he'd be on there.
Weather is marginal but supposed to subside. Only one way to find out. Headed down to take a look.
What?????????????????You aren't there yet ????
I'll be at Pillars in 2 hours.I'm sooooooo ready......
Last edited by Mark Collett; 05-07-2011 at 10:27.
Reason: more stuff
SW WIND 15 KT. SEAS 3 FT.
VARIABLE WIND 10 KT. SEAS 3 FT.
Good luck Rudy,
3 foot seas with a SW wind might keep you from getting blown down to Kodiak.Go get em'
If it's 3 ft we are going to plan B. Hoping it lays down in the evening. High tide is like 7 pm. Slack is closer to 830 I think. Still may see you yet!!!! Good luck!
No butts. BUT one king! More tomorrow.
Awesome looking king!!!! Nice job!
hello,im new member in this forum.
Nice King there Mr T
All right -------I'm a little jealous
Waiting for the full story.But you probably got home pretty late.........