Thread: 45 win mag

Default 45 win mag

Looking for a good load for my 45 win mag. I have a LAR Grizzly with a 6" barrel. I currently shoot a 300 grn lead cast bullet and 16 grns accurate #9. Not looking for the hottest load around just enough to be accurate and enough to be a good back up for my bow. Thanks for any advice.

Default Did you ever have any luck on this?

I'm looking too, just wondering if you ever came up with anything? Thanks

What powders do you have on hand and what bullet do you want to use?

Will it feed any type of bullet? I have loads for the 45 Win mag and the 475 Wildey. Do you make brass or use factory? Isn't AA#9 a bit dirty for you. I thought it was pretty grungy after a few rounds. I have used the old Norma R-123 and the new Vihta N105 and N110, all are very clean burners. The Norma is defunct now but Vihta is around but pricey. Let me know what you have or want to use and I'll dig out some old notes tonight.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default Thanks Murphy...

Truth is, I have a set of dies coming, a used press I bought yesterday, maybe a hundred brass shot once, and a desire to start making my own. I'm appreciative of any suggestions and information. I'd probably lean towards the cleaner burning powders as you seem to. Bullet wise I also don't have any predisposition. I'm not making my own brass, do you have any suggestions where I could buy some of good quality? Thanks, Chris

Default Sent you a PM Murphy... Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    What powders do you have on hand and what bullet do you want to use?

Will it feed any type of bullet? I have loads for the 45 Win mag and the 475 Wildey. Do you make brass or use factory? Isn't AA#9 a bit dirty for you. I thought it was pretty grungy after a few rounds. I have used the old Norma R-123 and the new Vihta N105 and N110, all are very clean burners. The Norma is defunct now but Vihta is around but pricey. Let me know what you have or want to use and I'll dig out some old notes tonight.
    Hello again Murphy, I sent you a PM when you get a minute to check it... Thanks for all the help! Chris