Thread: Glaciercraft for $25,000

Default Glaciercraft for $25,000

So i going through craigslist at work as i normally do trying to waste time (don't tell the boss), when i came across an add from glaciercraft boats, or at least the phone number matched. They say they will give all the parts and peices for you to weld at home or where ever. check it out. Sounds like a pretty good deal if a guy had the spare time and knew his way around a welder.

Read all the threads about how trustworthy the GC company really is and then ask yourself again if that's a good deal.

Well, it's not actually a Glaciercraft for $25k. It's a stack of cut up aluminum that you can weld into a home made boat that looks like a Glaciercraft for $25k. Still, all the design work is done. And having the aluminum already cut would save a chunk on both time and wasted aluminum. Might not be a bad deal if a guy wanted to go that route, and had the skills, equipment, time, space, and cash to actually finish it. But, even if I had the cash sitting around for the kit and the cost of rigging and outfitting, I sorely lack the rest of that stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

The word {TRUSTWORTHY} & acronym {GC} do NOT mix Ė very similar to oil & water..
    What kind of custom boat fabrication shop would try to sell hull parts & then provide assistance to procure additional parts for completion?

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    Read all the threads about how trustworthy the GC company really is and then ask yourself again if that's a good deal.

They say in their ad:

These kits will include all martial needed for you to build your very own Glacier Craft Boat.

It is really amazing that they would say something like this. It seems like this would really undermine their brand name and reputation, that people could buy the basics and still call the result a GC regardless of the workmanship involved. Seems like a really desperate move to me.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

I have wanted one of these boats for as long as I can remember; I love the way they sit in the water and there fit and finish. I have also noticed them selling hulls that were ready to outfit and complete boats that folks have backed out of over the last year and I would venture to guess that there are serious troubles at hand there.

Kidless, you can get oil and water to mix with enough chemicals.... Just sayin...
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

kidless try not be negative, think like rod in wasilla Thanks

You guys ever been drinking beers with friends, and take a drink from someone's empty they have been using as a spittoon? That is what Kidless reminds me of. He has a really bad taste in his mouth that just takes a while to get over...

Be careful when shopping for a custom boat. You might get a different experience than you are expecting.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

I think Kidless and quite a few others were at the same party and drank from the same spittoon.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Sorry fellas, but I'm still recovering from the custom boat building gig of 3 yrs & 1 mth...... for a mere 28' aluminum boat.
    On a positive note, the rehab is NOT nearly as painful as the marathon construction project; no more lies & BS & I do sleep easier now.

- & "Stevea" I don't know what & or how "Rod in Wasilla" thinks about this particular topic, but since ya brought it up here's my perspective on it {I'm not as trusting, patience, or sympathetic w/ any business owner 's' who muddles thru life on a daily basis by resorting to dishonest practices & taking advantage of any & every loop hole for the sake of his or her personal gain}.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by stevea View Post
    kidless try not be negative, think like rod in wasilla Thanks

frickin unreal