Thread: Kenai Lake

Default Kenai Lake

Has anyone been down by kenai lake for a current update on ice conditions? Was Hopeing to put the boat in this weekend for my sons birthday and mothers day, any tips for fishing would be greatly appreciated also.

Still some ice on it sunday. Rotting bad and moving down to the bridge. A boat running along the shore by snug harbor when I left. Making a huge wake. Breaking it up. Give a call to kenai cache or wildmans
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Still some ice as of yesterday. Been raining from Seward to Moose Pass all day so wont be long now... not sure it'll be ice-free by the weekend, though... Cooper Landing side might be a different story. Call Sunrise Inn/Bar for a current report... Quartz Ck boat launch might be open now... I'd head from there to Porcupine Island and troll the high spots for lakers; once you find a good spot, try jigging. Good luck!

Remember to stay at least 1/4mi. from all inlet streams... even on Mother's Day you could get popped.

Quartz launch is open as is one loop in the campground. We stayed there last weekend
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Upper Skilak is open.

Hey guys, I was asking on another thread about taking my older parents out on the boat for salmon or halibut, but I am also curious about trolling for lakers. My wife is pretty excited about it since we hammered them a couple years ago down in Glacier Nat'l Park in Montana.
    What can you tell me about the last week in June for lake trout fishing in those lakes down there? How about the bigger lakes up north of Anch? I am not looking for fishing secret spots or your favorite gps coordinates, just general timing info. I like to harvest salmon and trout fish, lakers will be for my parents to enjoy catching. We don't even like to eat them so they will be C&R. That's not COOK and RELEASE!