Thread: Moose Hunt

Default Moose Hunt

I haven't hunted with a bow for several years and am getting back into it. Looking at some of the archery only hunts for moose. Was checking out the Healy-Lignite area. Does anybody have any info regarding access and moose density or are there other archery areas that may be bettter? Thanks.

I believe most 50'' spike fork areas open up a little earlier strictly for bowhunters, before rifle season. I might be wrong,but I thought thats what I read in the regs.

Quote Originally Posted by J2theD View Post
    I believe most 50'' spike fork areas open up a little earlier strictly for bowhunters, before rifle season. I might be wrong,but I thought thats what I read in the regs.
    Some areas do, like the Kenai Peninsula, but not most by any means. The best way to know for sure is to look through the regs for each area.

I haven't hunted the Healy area myself, so can't speak to density or access. Looking through the regs, I don't see an archery only hunt for that area, but I could have easily skipped over it. You are always welcome to hunt archery in a rifle season for sure, but you will have more competition.