Thread: raging bull 454 problems

Default raging bull 454 problems

so, to anyone that may know....... i have a taurus raging bull 454 that shoots great. timing is on perfectly and the gun is very accurate. I do have one problem with it though. occaisionally when loaded or unloaded the cylinder will bind very tight when I try to open it. when fully open or closed the cylinder spins very smooth with no issues, but it sticks VERY tight when opening and closing. I noticed a small burr right on the left edge of the barrel extension, and also small burrs on the edge of the extractor assembly. I plan on using a small machinist file to knock off the burrs, but I don't know if there is a larger underlying problem. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is it still under warranty? It might be worth sending it in. Does it perhaps have too much endshake that allows the cylinder to contact the barrel when you are opening it? Have you measured the cylinder gap?

ah thanks for the input, upon closer inspection I came to find the ejector rod had become loosened and was contacting the frame. Upon cleaning the threads and a little red locktite later, the cylinder swings out and locks in very smoothly every time. Thanks again for the input

Send it in, Taurus is lifetime warranty even if you got it used. They have usuley taken 4 weeks on mine but it's been a couple years.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by winibezold View Post
    ah thanks for the input, upon closer inspection I came to find the ejector rod had become loosened and was contacting the frame. Upon cleaning the threads and a little red locktite later, the cylinder swings out and locks in very smoothly every time. Thanks again for the input
    You must have one of them EZ buttons I see on TV.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona