Thread: The Last Great Race...

Default The Last Great Race...

Had a great time in Willow yesterday at the Iditarod 2007 restart. Lots of good photo subjects for an itchy shutter finger. I've posted some photos at the below address for anyone that may want to take a peek...

http://www.mtaonline.net/~mbriggs/id...itarod2007.htm

I took some on Sunday. I think I like this one the best.

(hope this works)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by northstar View Post
    .....I've posted some photos at the below address for anyone that may want to take a peek...
    Great photos!

This one I found interesting. Googled it up.

Did it just run around on the lake or did it go up the trail a ways?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Great photos!

This one I found interesting. Googled it up.

Did it just run around on the lake or did it go up the trail a ways?
    Mark, I only saw it riding on the lake. I wondered how it would do on the trail. It might not be the answer for rough terrian, but it looks like just the ticket for a cold, windswept lake.

Mark

Mark, I only saw it riding on the lake. I wondered how it would do on the trail. It might not be the answer for rough terrian, but it looks like just the ticket for a cold, windswept lake.
    The website shows it to be an ice fishing rig! When you arrive at your fishing spot, it jacks down to the ice, and you fish through the floor!

You're right; it's probably not much of a trail rig, though.

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default You were the guy...

You had to be the guy laying in the trail at up ahead of me. I got in trouble for leaning on the orange fencing. Haven't knelt that much since last Easter Mass. My legs are still aching. It was really great to get the chance to be there. I had a press pass.
    Still getting to the Iditarod pics. I had to get the talent show and the polar plunge up first and rearrange the pages a bit . I'm getting a real website set up in the next week for work but may keep this one for fun stuff.

www.imageworkspub.com

Had a great time in Willow yesterday at the Iditarod 2007 restart. Lots of good photo subjects for an itchy shutter finger. I've posted some photos at the below address for anyone that may want to take a peek...

http://www.mtaonline.net/~mbriggs/iditarod2007/iditarod2007.htm
    Northstar. From the looks of the layout of the race course in your pics you were probably right in front of me. It was a fun day.
    Palmer, Alaska
    "There are some things money can buy. For everything else, there's ALASKA!"

Default Well it's not the Last Great Race...

but it's our version of it... :P

here is the pic...

Here it is again, hopefully a lil bigger...

Default Well Let's try this one eh???

Hopefully I get this right...>

Default Man...

Trade offs galore! if you want a nice large picture you have to reduce the quality, & if you want quality, you have to have an itty bitty pic...Hmmm

Talking a little help!

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    Trade offs galore! if you want a nice large picture you have to reduce the quality, & if you want quality, you have to have an itty bitty pic...Hmmm
    Goalie, I spent a while trying to figure this out yesterday. Do you have photobucket account? If not get one and download your pics to it. When your pic shows up in photobucket, simply click the "IMG Code" box, then come back to ODD screen and paste it in the reply box! If you want multiples in one reply, just hit return and copy and paste again!
    Good Luck!

Nice action shots guys!

This is one of Jeff King I was able to snap at the restart. We picked a bad spot to be as far as getting good photos this year. On the wrong side of the curve.....

Smile gogoalie

what program do you edit your photos in?? I use adobe. you can go in and do your editing then hit the save for web button. i usually resize at 640X247. i have a folder that i save them in for posting on the web. it gives you a good size to post on here.

Default Grouse...

am using PS 7.0, And I've posted on here before my 600x400 pixel count photos, & they turned out nice, (saved them in high res mode as well) & now just recently the program here is saying it's to large in the hi res mode...I've noticed that there was a size difference when I saved using Hi res & low res...when I save it as a hi res 600x400 it says on PS7 that it's a 40-50 kb sized photo, but when I click on the image in my folder I save it to, it say's it's a different size...

Default not familiar

with PS7, so no help here. sorry. sounds like evil computers to me.... HAHA.

Nice picture of King, grousehunter. My kids got too cold once the wind kicked up, so we had to bail about the time Deedee was announced. I would have liked to have seen her and King off...

I finally got a few of my Iditarod shots posted on the web. I'm still learning this "photography in snow" thing... But they're good memory shots for me, anyway. See: http://www.pbase.com/stacyjon for the gallery.

Best,
    Palmer, Alaska

Thumbs up

Trochilids, excellents photos you've posted of Iditarod 35! Also, it is a nice format with the captions and exif data.

Trochilids, excellents photos you've posted of Iditarod 35! Also, it is a nice format with the captions and exif data.
    Thanks for the kind words, Northstar. Thought the captions would add a little interest to outside readers who may not have a clue what's going on in our great state! I hope to update it with results and standings post-race.

Cheers!
    Palmer, Alaska