Thread: 2011 Copper River (Chitina Subdistrict) Personal Use Schedule

Default 2011 Copper River (Chitina Subdistrict) Personal Use Schedule

Tentative opening Friday, June 3rd @ 6am.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...itina.schedule

~tr

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    Tentative opening Friday, June 3rd @ 6am.

~tr

Cool I am gonna definitly be there
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

I'm thinking of making a quick run down aroud the 10-12th of June. Would love to keep a king or two this year.

As would I Since I havent had a king in years.

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

I'm tempted to wait until mid-July to early August to go this year, but then I don't want to lose out on my king. We got a lot of meat out of our one kept king last year, so it turned our 30 fish limit into meat that was more like 35-40 fish. But we had to work to get them, and we missed out on the supplemental....six of one, half dozen of the other. I do love starting the year with a bang, though, and those early June reds certainly do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    As would I Since I havent had a king in years.
    When do you usually go, Al?

Usually when I get time off but since Im not working this year I am free all summer lol...I am planning to go the second weekend of june,I am also hoping I can get a king this year since I havent smoked one in years.

That should be a great time to go. I'm planning on a repeat of last year by hitting the opener because I have other commitments the second weekend. I'd rather go when you guys are, but have to make do.

I'm wondering if this cold spring is going to keep the first run waiting in the Sound for things to warm up.

I wanted to hit the opener as well but I promised my significant other to take her to tangle lakes that first weekend of june so im stuck there lol.It has been some wierd weather lately though,I hope it warms up soon.

Default New Opener Date & Times

Opens
    Saturday, June 4, 8:00 AM

Closes
    Sunday, June 5, 5:00 PM

Opens
    Monday, June 6, 12:01 AM

We've seen this before, eh?

~tr
    Last edited by gr8fl; 05-26-2011 at 07:31. Reason: got to thinking...

Exclamation Supplemental Opening

PERSONAL USE FISHING
    Emergency Order ALASKA DEPARTMENT
    OF FISH & GAME

Under Authority of AS 16.05.060

Emergency Order No. 3-RS-02-11 Issued at: Glennallen, Wednesday June 1, 2011

Effective Date: 12:01 a.m. Monday June 6, 2011 Expiration Date: December 31, 2011, unless
    superseded by subsequent emergency order.

EXPLANATION:
    This emergency order amends the schedule for the personal use dip net salmon fishery in the Chitina
    Subdistrict of the Upper Copper River for the period June 6 June 12, 2011. The Chitina Subdistrict will be
    open from 12:01 a.m. Monday, June 6 until 11:59 p.m. Sunday, June 12. In addition, this emergency order
    establishes the weekly period when a supplemental permit for 10 additional sockeye salmon will be valid for
    the personal use dip net salmon fishery in the Chitina Subdistrict of the Upper Copper River.

REGULATION:
    Consistent with the COPPER RIVER PERSONAL USE DIP NET SALMON FISHERY MANAGEMENT
    PLAN, 5 AAC 77.591, the personal use dip net salmon fishery in the Chitina Subdistrict of the Upper Copper
    River District will be open from 12:01 a.m. Monday, June 6 through 11:59 p.m. Sunday, June 12. During this
    period an additional 10 sockeye salmon may be harvested by a permit holder who has already harvested their
    original permit limit.

Cora Campbell

gr8fl, with the horrible, inefficient, and frustrating new redesign of F&G's website, I have been unable to find the the EO order you listed. Will you please post the link?

Default Never Mind

I'm not changing my stance on the new F&G website, but I will take some blame. I forgot that the Chitina Dipnet fishery is Interior, not Southcentral.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...shingInfo.eonr

Beau

Here's the straight shot to the PDF:

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static-sf.../EO3RS0211.pdf

Sorry, I should have put it in the first time.

BTW, the link on my escapement page will take you to the EO's

~tr

The wife and I are thinking about going down friday June 10 and fishing the 11th.....how is the fishometer looking ? We have never dipped the copper before..

Could be looking at a slump by the 11th. We'll know more in a few days. I'm heading out in an hour or so, and won't be back online til Tuesday.

~tr